India - Obtain Electrical Contractors Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall apply with their respective state licensing department board at Chief Electrical Inspector to Government. (CEIG)..
- Obtain the application form from the respective office.
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents and fees as advised to the receiving authority and follow their guidelines.
- the submitted details will be verified by respective receiving authority. If all the details and documents are in place, application will be accepted.
- Applicant will get a receipt as acknowledgement for the submission of application.
- This application will be processed by the respective department.
- Applicant gets notification about the issuance.
- Application form (FORM A)
- Original challan for having remitted the requisite fee
- Self-addressed envelope duly affixed with the prescribed amount in postage stamp.
- An affidavit sworn before the Notary on Rs 20/- stamp paper
- Photo Identity proof of the applicant such as Ration card, Passport,Voters identity card, Driving licence, Aadhar card.
- Proof of address of business premises i.e., copy of rental agreement
- A copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Details of work done along with copies of certificate of EHT/HT/LTinstallation work.
- Experience certificate in original with attested copies thereof.
- School leaving certificate of owner and supervisor.
- Licensed Engineer, who has valid supervisor’s license for working at the same voltage.
- Measuring and testing instruments (Meggar, Earth tester etc.) details
- Birth certificate
- email id
- Mobile number
- document to prove Education level
- Aadhaar Card
- Three recent passport size photograph
- Copies of Educational qualification along with proof of age.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Power
Room No. 415, 4th Floor,
Shram Shakti Bhawan,
Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001.
Telephone No. 011-23717367
Fax No. 011-23717367
Contact link: link
- Indian citizen who is domicile of the respective state and who hasattained an age of 21 years.
- 10th pass or as per state government norms
- Application form charges.
- Applicable fees for grade classes.
- Solvency certificate amount
Are the charges applicant have to bare
Validity of the certificate is upto 65 years of age.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Certificate of Competency and Licences prescribed under rule 45 of the Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 shall be issued on the recommendation of the 'Board of Examiners' from different Government Departments.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Father's Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address
- Educational Qualification
- Details of past and present experience.
Need for the Document
- Electrical contractor license is required to work at certain level of voltage (higher than 11KV)
Information which might help
- For obtaining contractor’s license, you must employ one Licensed Engineer minimum, who has valid supervisor’s license for working at the same voltage. (This can be the same person who is owning the company, no problem).
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.