India - Non Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Non availability of Birth certificate, approach the respective municipality or the designated department as per respective state.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Go to the respective office. Obtain the application form or write on a plain white paper as advised.
- Submit the completed application to the authorities along with the required documents.
- Applicant may be asked to pay for the process depending upon the applicable payment norms. Please pay as applicable.
- Collect the acknowledgment slip after submitting the form.
- Once the application is accepted, authorities will process the request.
- Use the acknowledgment slip to obtain the certificate from the office as per notified period.
- In some states applicant shall approach over the counter services like CSC centres/e-seva etc to apply.
- In some states applicant shall apply using the respective state department online portal.
- Application Form
- Voter ID card
- Educational Record
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar card
- Residential Proof
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Registrar General- Birth & Death Registration
ORGI - Vital Statistics Division (VS) New Delhi,
West Block, Wing-1, R.K. Puram,
Phone No:- 011-26107616
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Link: link
- Any citizen or any foreigner's legal heir, the birth or death of whose relative takes place in the State.
- Parents and relatives of the deceased.
- In case of birth certificate – the person himself.
Please pat as authorities quote.
- Death Certificate valid forever
- Birth certificate is valid forever
- Non availability certificate is valid forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
3 to 4 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
It is necessary to obtain a Birth or Death Certificate immediately after Birth or Death. In an event of Birth or Death not registered, a Non-availability certificate can be obtained.
For Birth Certificate:
- Name, Date of Birth, Age, Sex to whom the certificate is required
- Name of the Father
- Name of the Mother
- Place of Birth
For Death Certificate:
- Name of Deceased
- Date of Death
- Name of Father/Husband of the Deceased
- Address of Deceased
- Place of Death
Need for the Document
- As per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1969, it is mandatory to register every death with the concerned State Government within 21 days of its occurrence. If not registered within 21 days, permission has to be obtained from the Registrar / Area Magistrate by paying prescribed fee for late registration and can get birth and death certificate.
- It is essential to register Birth and Death to prove the time and date of Birth and Death.
- Birth or Death, if found not registered, a Non-availability certificate can be obtained from municipal Office.
Information which might help
- If you report the death within 21 days of occurrence, you can obtain free copy of the death certificate/extract after verification.
- Deaths taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.