India - International Vaccination Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Those people arriving India from yellow fever endemic area need to obtain International Vaccination certificate.
- Applicant planning to go or pass abroad to the yellow fever endemic countries shall apply with aGovt. of India recognized centres only.
- List of authorised centres : link
- Please obtain the token from the centre by showing your passport.
- This vaccine will be boosted to ten persons at a time. So, please get vaccinated as per your schedule.
- On the said date go to the vaccination centre submit your passport and token.
- Get vaccinated as per your turn.
- Authorities will issue acard or certificate for vaccination.
- Please keep this document safe and handy to use it when going abroad or pass those countries where yellow fever endemic is accounted.
- Valid original Passport
- International travel ticket
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Proof or document to show that you are planning to go to these countries.
Office Locations & Contacts
International health Regulations, India,
DDG - IH, Room No - 550A,
Dte. General of Health Services,
MoHFW, NirmanBhawan, Delhi – 110011.
Phone: 011 23061806
Contact link : link
- All visitors travelling from India to Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, Mali, Ghana and Ethiopia etc.
FEE - RS.300/- FOR ONE VACCINE, fixed by Govt. of India from time to time.
The yellow fever vaccination certificate is valid for ten years, after which a booster shot is recommended.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The "International Certificate of Vaccination" or the "Yellow Card" as it is commonly referred to, is a small yellow document designed to fit into a passport.
- When you get an immunization, the health specialist will fill out and sign this card. The entry must be validated with an official stamp by the health specialist.
- It is approved by the World Health Organization as the official document verifying that proper procedures were followed in administering vaccinations for foreign travel and is used to demonstrate receipt of required vaccinations for entry into foreign countries.
For entry into India:-
- Any person, Foreigner or Indian, (excluding infants below six months) arriving by air or sea without a vaccination certificate of yellow fever will be kept in quarantine isolation for a period up to 6 days if :
- He arrives in India within 6 days of departure/transit from a yellow fever endemic area.
- Has come on a ship which has started from or transited at any port in a yellow fever endemic country within 30 days of its arrival in India provided such ship has not been disinfected in accordance with the procedure laid down by WHO.
For leaving India:-
- There is no health check requirement by Indian Government on passengers leaving India.
- Persons leaving for a yellow fever infected area are advised in their own interest to get themselves vaccinated and to be possession of valid yellow fever vaccination certificates before they leave the country.
- An administrative Arrangement for the health control of sea, air and land traffic exists between the Government of India and the Government of Bangladesh. #It implies that ,if any aircraft or ship or land traffic from a third country arrives first at any airport or port or border check post in either of the agreement countries and then directly (without touching any other third country enroute) reaches the second country of the agreement, all health checks will be completed in the country of first arrival and the travellers will be exempted from any further health check on arrival in the second country.
Persons exempted from production of vaccination certificate :
The under mentioned persons are exempted from production yellow fever vaccination certificate:
- Infants below the age of six months.
- Any person suffering from some chronic illness and has poor resistance and is thereby exempted from being vaccinated.
- Crew and passengers of an aircraft transiting through an airport located in yellow fever infected area provided the Health Officer is satisfied that such persons remained within the airport premises during the period of stay.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP)" (or "Yellow Card") is mainly required for proof of vaccination when going to or from countries that are at risk for Yellow Fever.
Information which might help
Some countries like Ghana and Brazil require all or some travelers receive the immunization to enter the country. In addition to receiving a yellow fever vaccine, travelers should be sure to use appropriate mosquito repellents or netting
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.