India - How to obtain Bhutan Tourist Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
If you are travelling to Bhutan via road, the following procedure applies:
- Visit the Bhutan Tourist Permit issuing office at Phuentsholing
- Procure the application form for Indian citizens
- Carry multiple photocopies of your passport's first and last pages
- Submit passport photocopies and the filled out application form
- The Bhutanese officials will require you to pose for a picture and enter your details into their system
- The standard permit issued is valid for seven days for the regions of Thimpu/Paro/Punakha.
In case you need to travel further East, you will require a new Permit that is issued at Thimpu.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used for specifying office locations.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Rs.187 for a seven day permit. Subject to revision
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Indian nationals do not require a visa for Bhutan. A permit will be issued at the entry point on production of a passport or voters ID. Other nationals should check visa requirements at the Bhutan embassy.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
In case one wishes to take an Indian vehicle into Bhutan, a vehicular permit needs to be procured. The procedure for that is as follows:
- Carry originals and photocopies of all the relevant vehicle documents - i.e. Registeration, Insurance, Drivers License and Emission Test Certificate
- Visit the Phuentsholing Regional Transport Authority where Vehicular Permits are issued
- Fill out and submit a request for application form letter
- Receive application form, fill and submit
- Produce originals and photocopies.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
There are a number of counters at the vehicle permit issue office, one needs to make enquires about which counter is the form issued and accepted at.
More information which might help people.