India - How to Register a Society
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application for registration of society has to be submitted to the Jurisdictional District Registrars/Registrar of society office.
- As a first step, please Check for name availability
- Please go to the respective office. Obtain the application form.
- Submit the completed application form attach required documents along with the requisite fees in 2 copies to the respective authority.
- On receiving the application, the registrar will sign the first copy as acknowledgment and return it while keeping the second copy for approval.
- This application will be processed further. After due diligence and verification of documents, the registrar will issue an Incorporation certificate with registration number.
- The delivery of these documents to the applicant fulfill the society registration process.
Through Chartered Accountant
- Society registration can be initiated with the help of a Chartered accountant.
- In registering a society, one has to make sure that the name proposed has not already been used or applied for registration.
- Please follow his guidelines to register the society.
- PAN Card of all the members (minimum 7 members) of the proposed society has to be submitted along with the application.
- One address proof.
- Two Passport Size photos.
- Document evidencing payment of fee.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Copy of agreement if any, which the proposed company wishes to enter into with any individual for appointment as its managing or whole-time director or manager.
- No objection letters from directors as applicable
- Aadhaar card
- Payment of stamp duty
Office Locations & Contacts
INFORMATION AND FACILITATION CENTER,
Garage No.14, "A" Wing, ShastriBhawan,
Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi - 110001.
Phone : 011-23386110.
Contacts : link
- Minimum 7 individuals are required.
- Persons from India, companies, foreigners, as well as other registered societies can also register for the Memorandum of the society
- Please pay as authorities quote
- The registration of a society is valid forever until the government has any changes to incorporate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
After obtaining the name approval, it normally takes approximately two to three weeks to register a society depending on where the society is registered.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
- Name of the society
- Principal place of business
- Permanent address
Need for the Document
- Society registration is maintained by state governments.
- Societies formed by memorandum of association and registration as per norms
Information which might help
- For Society registration, members must agree with the name of society first and then prepare for the Memorandum, followed by Rules & Regulations of the society.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.