India - How to Obtain Train Season Ticket
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Ask for the season ticket application form in the Railway reservation office/counter
- Complete the application and attach the requisite documents as mentioned in the application form
- Attach two to three passport size photographs
- Make sure that the application form is complete with supportive documents and submit it
- The raiway staff thoroughly verifies the application, generates a season pass
- Carry the season pass along with an ID card with you during the journey.
- Please use the following link and register yourself: https://www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in/RDS/login;jsessionid=7ADC19627C194E8F35E4282AAEB9FD76?0 Click here to get season ticket]
- After registration, please login to the website for applying for a Train Season Ticket.
The following documents are required:
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card / Aadhaar Card
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, driving license
- Passport size photographs(2)
- Completed application form
- Cash for selected type of season ticket (Monthly / Quarterly)
Office Locations & Contacts
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation
Click here to get season ticket
To book and to use a Season ticket, the passenger must possess and carries while traveling an ID card issued by the Railway for Suburban travel.
Charges for Monthly and Quarterly superfast surcharge tickets:
- For Second Class Monthly Superfast Surcharge Ticket cost is 150 INR and 450 INR for Quarterly
- For First Class Monthly cost is equivalent to Superfast Surcharge for 15 single journeys in first class and equivalent to Superfast Surcharge for 45 single journeys in first class for quarterly.
Based on the type of season pass, the validity varies from one month to three months. Season ticket can be renewed 10 days in advance of the date of expiry. Season tickets are not valid for travel in reserved coaches and trains. They are valid for travel by Passenger trains. In the case of Mail/ Express/Superfast trains, they are valid for travel by only those Mail/Express/Superfast trains where it has specifically been permitted by Railway Administration.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time is immediate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain a season ticket by applying in person.
- You should have Government recognized identification documents such as Passport / Voter photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India / Driving License issued by RTO / Pan Card issued by Income Tax Department / Photo Identity card having serial number issued by Central / State Government / Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students / Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs / Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph /Unique Identification Card "Aadhaar / Photo identity cards having serial number issued by public sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations.
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Name of the passenger
- Applicants Date of birth
- Fathers Name
- Email Id
- Address for communication including temporary and permanent
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Photocopy of address proof such as electricity bill, ration card
- Photocopy of identity such as PAN card, Aadhar card
Need for the Document
If you are a regular traveler, consider having a season pass for less expenditure than buying tickets for a higher expenditure. The central railways introduced rail pass as season ticket for regular travelers. Visit the railway website for more information. You can obtain a season ticket in every railway station and all railway station counters.
Season tickets are issued up to 150 Kms. Only. Season tickets are not valid for travel in reserved coaches and trains. They are valid for travel by Passenger trains. In the case of Mail/ Express/Superfast trains, they are valid for travel by only those Mail/Express/Superfast trains where it has specifically been permitted by Railway Administration.
Wherever permitted by Railway Administration, the passenger can travel in unreserved coaches of Superfast trains also. In such a case, he is required to purchase the Superfast Surcharge ticket for each journey in advance. For the convenience of passengers who want to travel regularly by Superfast trains, the Railways also issue the Monthly/Quarterly Superfast Surcharge tickets on demand.
A photo Identity Card, along with a plastic cover, is issued to every season ticket holder at a nominal cost of Re. 1. The Identity Card will be valid for 5 years or such time it gets defaced/mutilated, whichever is earlier. The Identity Card having Printed Card number will contain Name, Address, Age, Sex & Signature of the holder. Identity Card Number must be written on Season Ticket. It is necessary for the passenger to produce the Identity Card along with the season ticket, otherwise the season ticket will be invalid and the passenger will be treated as without ticket. It is necessary that the particulars of the passenger are properly & correctly entered on the Identity Card and the photograph firmly pasted thereon. The Booking Clerk will put the Station Stamp in such a way that half of the stamp appears on photograph and the remaining part appears on the Identity Card.
Also, the Identity Card, Pan Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter Identity Card and Credit Card issued with photograph by any Government in India or some Government agency in India will also be accepted as proof of identity for issue and renewal of season tickets. The serial number of such document shall be written on season ticket. While traveling, the passenger must carry this document, along with season ticket, without which the season ticket will be invalid and the passenger will be treated as without ticket.
Refund on unused or partially used season tickets is not admissible under any circumstances.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
You can travel in any passenger train up to 150 kms from source to destination using your Season ticket. You can exit the train wherever you require during the journey from source to destination.
Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry
More information which might help people.