India - How to Obtain Mobile Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the service provider customer service centre/outlet of your choice.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Ask for the new connection application form with the executive at the service provider outlet.
- Complete the application and attach the requisite documents.
- Attach two to three passport size photographs as required.
- Make sure that the application form is complete with supportive documents and submit the application. (Executives at the outlet will help you in case of any doubt)
- The executive thoroughly verifies the application, generates an acknowledgement, and handovers the SIM card to you.
- Keep the acknowledgement handy.
- The SIM card will be activated within 24 hours after verification.
- ’’Please follow the below steps as per your choice of service provider’’
- Visit the official website of BSNL : BSNL
- In the given page, please select the menu “Mobile Data” and “Choose your mobile number” sub option to get next page.
- Here, select your respective state as per the given zones.
- Please drag the button to unlock the page.
- Please select one mobile number from the list provided under choice numbers and hit “Fill Application” to get popup for entering pin and mobile number. Please enter the mobile number to get the 7 digit pin in the mobile number entered after entering submit.
- Now applicant shall reach the nearest customer service centre within 96 hours and share the mobile number which was provided to obtain pin and pin to the executive and follow the guidelines thereafter to obtain mobile connection
- Visit the official website of Airtel : Airtel
- Please select “Postpaid” menu and choose “Buy new connection” .
- If you select prepaid, then please follow the next screen with appropriate prompts to process and get the sim.
- Here select the plan from the options provided to reach next screen to share details..
- Please complete the page prompts and hit the “Send OTP” option to get OTP in the phone number provided. Now enter the OTP and hit “Continue” to reach page for schedule delivery.
- Please follow the page prompt for obtaining SIM Home delivered or pickup from nearest store to proceed further.
- Click on the link to get a new jio sim card delivered to your home directly :Jio
- Choose what type of connection you need. For example, postpaid or prepaid.
- Enter your mobile number and hit “Get OTP” to get OTP in the mobile number provided. Please enter the OTP in the prompted place to reach next page to select “Individual” / “Enterprise”. Here select as per your profile to get next page.
- Now enter the pincode of your area and hit “submit” to get the door step delivery of sim. If the service is unavailable to your place, then click on “get nearest store'' for details.
- Go to the store as per list and follow the executives guidelines to process further and obtain the sim.
- Please use the following link to reach online portal: Vodafone
- Please select “Buy postpaid sim” tab to get next screen.
- Applicant shall select “Buy prepaid Sim” to get next page to complete page prompt and follow the successive page to obtain SIM.
- Complete the page prompt ,select new connection option and place. Finally hit proceed to get next page.
- Choose the plan option and follow the screen prompt to reach next page and follow further to get your SIM as per suggestion provided further.
- Visit the following link : Idea to get a new connection.
- Please select menu “Postpaid” to get new screen.
- Please select “New Connection” menu from the new window.
- Now complete the page prompt and hit proceed to reach next page.
- Enter your name, alternate mobile number, city and select the pincode.
- Choose an option whether you have aadhaar card or not.
- Click “Proceed” after entering all the details.
- You will receive OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click “submit” to get next page.
- Applicant gets plans listed in the page along with “Lead ID”. Please keep it safe for further usage.
- Applicant will get call from the executive. From that point onwards applicant should follow their guidelines to obtain SIM.
Please select the state name for respective State Procedure.
Andaman and Nicobar – Andhra Pradesh – Arunachal Pradesh – Assam – Bihar – Chandigarh – Chhattisgarh – Daman and Diu – Goa - Gujarat – Haryana – Himachal Pradesh – Jammu and Kashmir – Jharkhand – Karnataka – Kerala – Lakshadweep – Madhya Pradesh – Maharashtra – Manipur – Meghalaya – Mizoram – Nagaland – New Delhi – Odisha – Puducherry – Punjab – Rajasthan – Sikkim – Tamil Nadu – Telangana – Tripura – Uttar Pradesh – Uttarakhand – West Bengal
- Date of birth certificate such as 10th Standard certificate.
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card, Aadhaar Card.
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, LIC policy, driving license, *Bank passbook.
- Passport size photographs.
- Completed application form.
- Aadhaar card
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
Office Locations & Contacts
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India - TRAI:
MahanagarDoorsancharBhawan (next to ZakirHussain College)
Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (Old Minto Road)
New Delhi: 110 002
E-mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. : 91-11-2323 6308 | FAX No. : 91-11-2321 3294
Contact Link : link
Idea Cellular : link
You should have valid address proof and identity proof documents to obtain a mobile connection and your age should be of 18 years.
Every Service Provider has a separate tariff based on the type of connection and Value Added Services (such as SMS, MMS, international calling, roaming, and Internet).
If you do not receive or dial a call for two continuous months, your SIM will be deactivated. Otherwise, you can maintain the mobile connection throughout your life until you disconnect..
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people eg. links.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people .
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 24 hours.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the applicant
- Address details
- Aadhaar number
Need for the Document
- Everyone uses a cell phone for various needs. To obtain a mobile connection, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has set a procedure for safety and security purposes. A mobile connection is of two types Prepaid and Postpaid.
- Prepaid : You can recharge your mobile connection with prepaid minutes by using a prepaid voucher or online.
- Postpaid :
- You can use your cell phone for a month and a bill is generated.
- Once you receive a monthly bill, you can pay the amount either online or reach the service provider outlet in person.
- There are various mobile service providers who provide a mobile connection BSNL, Reliance, Jio, Vodafone, Idea and Jio.
- Each service provider has their own tariff for prepaid and postpaid connection to attract the customers.
Information which might help
- In some parts of India the government has allowed only post-paid connection in view of security concerns.
- The advancement in technology of network has been evolving with 2G, 3G, 4G and so on.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.