India - How to Obtain Internet Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Ask for the application form in the service provider outlet.
- Complete the application and attach the requisite documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Attach two to three passport size photographs.
- Make sure that the application form is complete with supportive documents.
- Submit the application.
- The executive thoroughly verifies the application, generates an acknowledgement
- Keep the acknowledgement handy.
- The executive will visit your residence to check for connecting points. If your residential area is falling under the service providers jurisdiction, you may get the connection immediately. If not, you should enquire about various service providers in and around your area of residence.
The following documents are required:
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card, Aadhar Card
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, driving license
- Passport size photographs
- Completed application form
- Cash or check in favor of the service provider
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Tikona Digital Networks
You should have valid address proof and identity proof documents to obtain an internet connection and your age should be of 18 years.
Every Service Provider has a separate tariff based on the type of connection; connection could be wired with modem, wireless, and USB data card.
You can avail the services throughout your life until you disconnect. You can switch between the service providers if you are not satisfied with the services. But, the minimum service to avail is one month before switching.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will vary from one service provider to another.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain an internet connection by applying in person or dialing the customer care of a service provider for a new connection.
- You should have valid documents such as ration card, pan card, voter id card.
- You should manually complete the application forms and submit in the respective service provider outlet
- The applicant should submit two to three passport size photographs with the application.
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Applicants Date of birth
- Fathers Name
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Address for communication including temporary and permanent
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Photocopy of address proof such as electricity bill, ration card
- Photocopy of identity such as PAN card, Aadhar card
Need for the Document
Everyone uses internet for one or the other needs be it browsing, chatting, emailing, researching, communicating, video chatting, social networking, working online, doing business etc.
There are various internet service providers across the country. But, most prominent are:
- BSNL Broadband
- Reliance Communications
- Tata Communications
- Beam Telecom
- Idea Cellular
- MTS India
- Tata Docomo,
- You Broadband
- Tikona Digital Networks
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
You can connect and communicate with people of various parts of the world at any time zone. You can browse the internet on your personal computer, laptop, tablet, and mobile phone with WiFi facility. You can talk to family, friends, and people across the globe using video calling using various applications.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
More information which might help people.