India - How to Obtain BSNL Landline Connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In certain offices, an application is available for a new connection. But, you can draft a letter on a white paper to request for a new telephone connection.
- The standard application form prescribed for new telephone connection can be obtained free of cost from any of the designated offices of the BSNL or the Customer Service Centers located anywhere in the country. Photocopies of these forms as well as downloaded copies from the Internet are also accepted.
- The completed application along with the demand draft may be given by hand in the office of the GM/TDM/TDE/SDE for registration.
- The completed application form may also be sent by registered post along with demand draft for requisite amount towards registration fee drawn in the name of designated authority, in the office of GM/ TDM / TDE /SDE under whose jurisdiction the telephone connection is required.
- In areas where telephone is available 'on demand', the form for New Telephone Connection (NTC) may be deposited without demand draft. In such cases, after receipt of form for NTC, Demand Note for payment of applicable installation charges shall be issued. On receipt of payment against Demand Note, the OB for installation of telephone connection shall be issued immediately.
- You will be given a pro-forma certificate to certify that you are staying at the address and that the telephone connection is for bona-fide use.
- Using a browser, enter the URL
- Click Apply Online for New Telephone Connection.
http://www.bsnl.co.in is displayed.
- Under Register For Connection, complete the form and click Submit. You will receive an instant acknowledgement to your email id.
- Once the department verifies the information, an executive will call on your mobile to verify and then proceeds.
The following documents are required.
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card, Aadhar Card
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, driving license, bank passbook
- Passport size photographs
- Completed application form
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
You should have valid address and identity proof documents to obtain a landline connection and your age should be of 18 years.
For any type of connection, payment of initial deposit of Rs 500/- or Rs 2,000/- depending upon the type (rural or urban) & capacity of the exchange system.
You can avail the BSNL landline connection throughout your life until you disconnect.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will vary between 7 and 15 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can obtain a landline connection by applying in person or calling a tollfree number
- You should have valid documents such as ration card, pan card, voter id card
- You should manually complete the application forms and submit in the respective BSNL area offices
- The applicant should submit two to three passport size photographs with the application
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Applicants Date of birth
- Fathers Name
- Email Id
- Address for communication including temporary and permanent
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Photocopy of address proof such as electricity bill, ration card
- Photocopy of identity such as PAN card, Aadhar card
Need for the Document
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is an Indian telecommunications company whose headquarters is in the country capital, New Delhi. BSNL is Indias oldest and largest communication service provider.
The following landline services are provided:
- New Telephone Connection
- BSNL PCO
BSNL provides the following telephone facilities:
- Phone Plus services
- Concessions in Rentals
- Telephone Shifting
- Safe Custody of Telephone
- Transfer of Telephone
BSNL offers telephone connections in two categories Permanent and Casual.
Permanent connections are available in the following categories to suit different subscribers:
- Non-OYT General
This scheme is open to all.
- Non-OYT Special
Doctors, Advocates, Judicial Officers, Qualified Nurses, Midwives, Blind people are eligible for this category.
- Non-OYT Swatantrata Senani Scheme (SWS)
Freedom Fighters; Spouse of Freedom Fighters are eligible for this scheme.
- Non-OYT S S
Foreign Missions & Embassies, U N Organizations, MPs, MLAs, Municipal Councilors, Distinguished Persons are eligible for this scheme.
Employees of DoT and BSNL are eligible for registration under this category.
Casual connections are provided to applicants for social/religious functions, marriages, exhibitions for a period of 30 days.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Having a BSNL landline connection is an identity as address proof on your name.You can communicate with people of various parts of the world at any time zone. BSNL offers long distance ISD facility with cheaper rates.
BSNL Customer Care Portal
More information which might help people.