India - How to File for Income Tax Return
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The Public Relation Officer (PRO) can be contacted for this purpose.
- Fill in the necessary form for filing an ITR. The forms can be downloaded below.
- The due date for filing an Income Tax Return is normally 30th June of the assessment year, unless extended by the Income Tax Department.
There are no necessary documents to be attached.
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approched for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
When the income of a person exceeds the maximum amount permissible which is not chargeable to income-tax by the government, then that person is liable to file the Income Tax Return.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- For Individuals having Income from Salary/ Pension/ family pension & Interest - New Income Tax Return Form Saral II
- For Individuals and HUFs not having Income from Business or Profession - Income Tax Return Form 2
- For Individuals/HUFs being partners in firms and not carrying out business or professionunder any proprietorship - Income Tax Return Form 3
- For individuals & HUFs having income from a proprietary business or profession - Income Tax Return Form 4
- ITR Acknowledgement Form - ITR Acknowledgment Form/Income Tax Return 5
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page contains information on how to file for income tax return in India.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.