India - Get Replacement of Stock Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The share certificate serves as a receipt for the stock purchased by an individual.
If share certificate is lost/stolen/damaged it can be replaced through the company's stock transfer agent.
- If your stock certificate has been lost or stolen, immediately you need to file a complaint with details of lost share (folio no., company name, share certificate number and distinctive number of shares, etc.)at nearest police station and get a FIR copy.
- Please contact the investor relations department of the respective corporate’s share which applicant has to replace.
- Go to the respective office. Inform them about the lost share details with available proof.
- If your details are satisfactory. Agent will take your request in writing or through email instantly with share number.
- Agent will place a "stop transfer" on the certificate to prevent others from cashing the certificate in if it is found.
- Agent will advise the applicant to buy bond. Cost of this bond is typically 1% to 3% of the value of the shares that were lost.
- Once all the above steps are done. Applicant will get a new certificate as per notification.
- FIR copy
- Applicant details
- Written request
- Details of lost share or damaged remains of share
- Indemnity bond for the advised amount
- Notarized affidavit & surety bond (as appropriate)
- Insurance Guarantee
- mobile number
- email id
- Aadhaar Card.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.,
Exchange Plaza, C-1, Block G,
Bandra (E), Mumbai – 400 051.
Tel No: (022) 26598100-14 / 66418100
Fax No: (022) 26598120
Click here for office address & contacts.
A shareholder whose certificate has been damaged or lost or stolen is eligible to apply.
There is a charges incurred for bond and insurance.
A share/stock certificate will be valid till the time an individual holds it.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- If your stock certificate has been lost or stolen immediately you need to file a complaint at nearest police station and get a FIR copy.
- The company will publish a general notice in a newspaper in the place of the registered office intimating the public of the loss of the share certificate and of the company's proposal to consider issue of a duplicate share certificate, in lieu of the one that is lost, in case no objection is received by the company within a prescribed time.
- Absence of response to unauthorised issuance of advertisements in newspapers cannot make the issue of duplicate share certificate, particularly when the registered share holder is alive at the time and the company is considering the application for registration of transfer of shares by him.
- The cost or the publication of the general notice should be borne by the shareholder.
- On receipt of compliance of the formalities, as required by the Board of Committee thereof, from the shareholder, and after expiry of the period specified in the general notice, and if the does not receive any objection to its proposal, wherever applicable, the proposal for issue of duplicate share certificate will be placed at a meeting of Board or Committee.
- If the proposal is approved, such approval will be by way of a resolution, which will include approval for issue of new share certificate and will authorise two directors and secretary or other person specified to sign the share certificate and affix common seal in their presence.
- The issue of duplicate share certificate will also be entered in all the related registers.
- Intimation also will be given to all stock exchanges where the shares of the company are listed regarding issue of duplicate share certificate and cancellation of old share certificate.
- Shareholder Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Email ID
- Complete Share Details
Need for the Document
- If your stock or Share certificate has been lost, stolen or damaged you should replace your Stock or share Certificate.
Information which might help
You also need to quote the folio number and details of share certificates to the company for their reference
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.