India - Endorse your New Passport with OCI Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- If in case a current PIO card holder has been issued with a new passport. Whenever expiry of the current passport while PIO card is still valid. Applicant needs to apply for the service of endorsement of new passport details on PIO card.
- All the immigration offices have duly been informed by the Government of India that they should affix a ‘Lifelong’ stamp to endorse as and when the holder of a 15 year validity card enters/exits any Indian Airport.
- Applicant shall apply in person to the Indian Mission/Post/Office in whose jurisdiction the applicant is residing.
- Link for contact details. mission abroad link
- Go to the respective office. Obtain the required application form if any. Submit your completed application along with required documents to the authority and follow their guidelines to initiate the process.
- This application will be processed further to endorse your OCI. The document will be delivered as per applicable mode.
- OCI details
- Proof of present citizenship
- Copy of present valid passport (applicable in all cases), with validity of minimum 6 months at the time of submission of application.
- Expired passport.
- Date of birth.
- Evidence of address of the place of application (Electricity bill / Telephone bill)
- Aadhaar card (as per requirement)
- For minors
- Passport of Parent or guardian
- Affidavit as per requirement
- Note: Please provide additional documents or details as online procedure demands and also as authority quote.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Home Affairs,
North Block, New Delhi – 110001, India.
Telephone No: 23092392
Link for contact information:link
- Any person who has a valid PIO card already issued by Government of India.
- US $15 or equivalent in local currency
- In case of applications filed in India, get demand draft for the said amount drawn in favour of
“Pay and Accounts officer (Secretariat), Ministry of Home Affairs” payable at New Delhi.
- Valid lifelong.
- For anyone under 21 years of age and over 50 years of age, they have to apply for new OCI all over again every time they get a new passport.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people eg. links.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people .
Minimum one month
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- OCI details
- Applicant details.
- Passport current and expired
- Date of Birth and age.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- Please endorseOCI as soon as you get new passport.
- The Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) is an immigration status permitting a foreign citizen of Indian origin to live and work in India indefinitely.
- The OCI was introduced in response to demands for dual citizenship by the Indian origin.
Information which might help
- There will be a personal interview at the time of document verification.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information related to OCI Card : OCI Card
More information which might help people.