India - Cancel or Renounce OCI Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Whenever a valid OCI card holder decides to cancel/renounce his /her OCI registration can do so by following steps.
- Applicant shall apply in person to the Indian Mission/Post where OCI registration was granted.
- Link for contact details. mission abroad link
- Please complete the application in Form XXII. link
- Go to the respective office. Submit your completed application along with required documents to the authority and follow their guidelines to initiate the process.
- This application will be processed further to cancel or renounce OCI.
- OCI details
- Proof of present citizenship
- Copy of present valid passport (applicable in all cases), with validity of minimum 6 months at the time of submission of application.
- Date of birth.
- Evidence of address of the place of application (Electricity bill / Telephone bill)
- Aadhaar card (as per requirement)
- For minors
- Passport of Parent or guardian
- Affidavit as per requirement
- Note: Please provide additional documents or details as online procedure demands and also as authority quote.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Home Affairs,
North Block, New Delhi – 110001, India.
Telephone No: 23092392
Link for contact information:link
- Valid OCI card holder.
- In case of applications filed in India, get demand draft for the said amount drawn in favour of
“Pay and Accounts officer (Secretariat), Ministry of Home Affairs” payable at New Delhi.
Validity lapses as soon as cancellation is done
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people eg. links.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people .
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Valid OCI details
- Applicant details.
- Date of Birth and age.
- Address details.
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- The Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) is an immigration status permitting a foreign citizen of Indian origin to live and work in India indefinitely.
- The OCI was introduced in response to demands for dual citizenship by the Indian origin.
Information which might help
- There will be a personal interview at the time of document verification.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.