India - Cancel Or Delete Vehicle Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- At first, contact your registering authority.
- Then, the registering authority will give notice by R.P.A.D. to you to make representation.
- If the Registering Authority is satisfied after hearing then your vehicle registration will be cancelled.
- Then the registering authority will forward the report and the certificate of registration to the original registering authority for cancellation of registration.
- When the registration cancellation will be completed the registering authority will send it to you in writing. Then you have to surrender the certificate of registration of your vehicle.
- Photo Identity proof
- Original Registration Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
RTO Office location and contact details vary with respect to the State or Union Territories.
Owner of the vehicle is eligible to Cancel Or Delete Vehicle Registration
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The registration of your vehicle can be cancelled if any of the following things occurs:
- The vehicle has been destroyed due to some reason or it has been rendered permanently incapable of use.
- The documents submitted during registration were false.
- The engine number or chassis number are different from the number entered in registration certificate.
- The registering authority is satisfied that the vehicle is removed out of India permanently.
- The vehicle is beyond reasonable repairs and if used the vehicle can cause danger to public.
- Full name of person of the registered vehicle
- Permanent Address
- Particulars of Vehicle
- Class of vehicle
- The motor vehicle is
- A new vehicle
- Ex-army vehicle
- Imported vehicle
- Type of body
- Type of vehicle
- Maker's Name
- Month and Year of manufacture
- Number of cylinders
- Horse power
- Cubic capacity
- Maker's classification if not known, wheel base
- Chassis No. (Affix Pencil print)
- Engine Number or Motor Number in case of Battery Operated Vehicles.
- Seating capacity (including driver)
- Fuel used in the engine
Need for the Document
In India it is compulsory that all motorized road vehicles should be registered. Vehicle registration is done so that a clear ownership of the vehicle is established. The registration of vehicle is done by the local RTO of that state. In India, a registered commercial vehicle of one state is not allowed to enter another state without a permit. To obtain the permit a significant amount of money is paid. In case of a passenger vehicle, the registered vehicles of one state are allowed to pass through other states but the vehicle can only stay in thr other state for 30 days.
Vehicles which are registered by the RTO are tagged with a license number or registration number. The license number is issued by the district level RTO of each respective state. If you want to know more about the plate you can learn your vehicle registration details. When a person purchases a vehicle the dealer of vehicle issues a temporary license sticker. This temporary registration number is valid for one month and within this time period the owner of vehicle must register the vehicle at his local RTO. But what if a person needs to cancel his / her vehicles registration?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
this is the process I have gone through when I had cancelled my car RC.
More information which might help people.