India - Apply for Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall apply to their respective Ration shops / Food Civil Supplies office / Consumer Affairs Branch of DC's / SDO/ The Mamlatdar office /Talathi / Service centres as appropriate.
- Go to the respective office and obtain the application form to apply.
- Fill all the necessary information in the application as required and sign at appropriate places.
- Do not fill any wrong information. If you fill or provide any wrong information while applying, department may reject your application.
- Attach all required documents, and submit the application along with document to the authority.
- On accepting your application, authority or clerk will check the details and issue a receipt as acknowledgement.
- Please keep it safe for future reference,
- This submitted application will be processed by the department, After ground level verification and physical inspection by the Supply Officer applicant gets notification.
- If all the process are successful, applicant will get the ration card as per delivery mode (delivered through postal or on hand)
- User gets update on the phone as SMS
- Get the respective documents attested by gazette officer, MLA or MP or the municipal councilor as applicable
- In some states applicant shall approach over the counter services like CSC centres/e-seva etc to apply.
- In some states applicant shall apply using the respective state department online portal.
- Find the contact details and application form from the respective state portal procedures by using the link provided under respective states below.
Please select the state name for respective State Procedure.
Andaman and Nicobar – Andhra Pradesh – Arunachal Pradesh – Assam – Bihar – Chandigarh – Chhattisgarh – Daman and Diu – Goa - Gujarat – Haryana – Himachal Pradesh – Jammu and Kashmir – Jharkhand – Karnataka – Kerala – Lakshadweep – Madhya Pradesh – Maharashtra – Manipur – Meghalaya – Mizoram – Nagaland – New Delhi – Odisha – Puducherry – Punjab – Rajasthan – Sikkim – Tamil Nadu – Telangana – Tripura – Uttar Pradesh – Uttarakhand – West Bengal
- Respective application form
- Address Proof (attested copy of PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill).
- A copy of age certificate / school leaving certificate of the head of the family.
- A copy of income proof of the family - that income of the family is below from the prescribed limit (in order to apply for value based card).
- A copy of identity proof like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhaar card.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Self Declaration and Certificate From Pradhan/Ward Councillor.
- Mobile number or Email address (if available) may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- Tenancy agreement if the applicant is a tenant.
- Detailed particulars of family members
- Copies of birth certificates of minor members(Below 10 years in age)
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS&CA authority where the applicant was previously resided (applying in new place)
- Aadhaar Card
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Food and Public Distribution
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution,
Department of Food & PD,
Krishi Bhawan,New Delhi - 110001.
Office Contact Link: Contact Info
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- If you are newly married and have your name in your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates (Removing names from your respective family cards).
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Usually valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people .
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details (head of the family).
- Details of other family members and relation ship
- Date of Birth and age (of all the members).
- Address details.
- Occupation and designation of office held any
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. It has to be renewed before it gets expired.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
- There are different types of ration cards were meant based on state norms.
- AAY etc.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.