India - Apply for Food Business Operator (FBO) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Every food business (manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products) operator must compulsorily obtain FSSAI Registration or License
- Please approach the food and safety department to register.
- Obtain the application form from the respective counter OR download using the following link. link
- Submit the completed application form duly signed by the proprietor/partner or the authorised signatory as applicable.
- This application can be accepted or it may be rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the fact will be intimated to the applicant in writing
- If the application is accepted, this application will be processed internally.
- Once scrutiny, verification and inspection (if applicable) are satisfactory, then the department will grant a registration certificate carrying unique registration number along with the photo of the applicant.
- Please use the following link to apply online. link
- Please login using the credentials on the right part of the page to apply.
- If you are a new user, then please use the “sign Up” option provided on the right part of the screen under login page to get new page for signing and then login.
- In the given page please select menu “License/Registration” option and select “Apply for License/registration” sub option for next page.
- Please hit “Accept” tab to get next page.
- Here, select your state from the drop down list on the top right corner of the screen to get new page.
- Here, select applicable option for “Yes” Or “No” as per the business operation to get list of options to choose as per requirement and hit “Proceed” tab at the bottom to get next page.
- Now user will get kind of business page. Here click on the “click to apply” link at the extreme right to get next page.
- Next page will have online form ‘A’ for user to fill up the required prompts, upload photo, aadhar, declaration as prompted for applying online.
- Finally hit “Save and next” tab at the bottom to reach next page.
- Here print the application and sign on the form.
- Scan the form to upload as per the prompt provided in the page by selecting “Choose file” and hit “upload” tab.
- Finally hit “Submit” tab at the bottom to get next page.
- User will be provided with option to make payment. Please follow the page requirement to complete the payment by hitting “upload”.
- Now hit “submit” tab at the bottom to get acknowledgement slip. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed and notified through SMS or through e-mail provided by applicant while applying.
- In some states applicant shall approach over the counter services like CSC centres/e-seva etc to apply.
- In some states applicant shall apply using the respective state department online portal.
- Find the contact details and application form from the respective state portal procedures by using the link provided under respective states below.
Please select the state name for respective State Procedure.
Andaman and Nicobar – Andhra Pradesh – Arunachal Pradesh – Assam – Bihar – Chandigarh – Chhattisgarh – Daman and Diu – Goa - Gujarat – Haryana – Himachal Pradesh – Jammu and Kashmir – Jharkhand – Karnataka – Kerala – Lakshadweep – Madhya Pradesh – Maharashtra – Manipur – Meghalaya – Mizoram – New Delhi – Odisha – Puducherry – Punjab – Rajasthan – Sikkim – Tamil Nadu – Telangana – Tripura – Uttar Pradesh – Uttarakhand – West Bengal
- Please use the following link for details of documents to be attached. Link: link
- Application form: form B AND Form A
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Self Declaration
- Blueprint / layout plan of processing unit
- List of directors / proprietors / partners as applicable
- Photo ID and address proof of the above people as applicable
- Machinery details
- Analysis report
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed / affidavit
- Cooperative certificate if applicable
- NOC & copy of license from manufacturers (in case of repacking)
- Food safety management plan
- Raw material source (Milk/meat)
- pesticide residue report
- NOC from municipality or local body
- Form IX - board resolution
- Declaration form (In case of Delhi & Himachal Pradesh)
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Food Safety and Standard Authority of India
03rd & 04th Floor, FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road
Near BalBhawan New Delhi – 110002, India.
Toll free Number: 1800112100
Contact link: link
Please follow the link for eligibility criteria : link
Please use the following link for fees details. link please use the “fee structure” tab to get fees details
- Maximum of five years and need to be renewed
- FBO should prominently display the certificate of registration at the place of business during the business hours.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
7 to 30 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Generally, FBO who are large manufacturers, importers, exporters dealing in large-scale food business need to obtain FSSAI registration from central government
- FBO with small to medium sized manufacturing units, transporters, marketers, traders, etc., need to take FSSAI registration from the state government.
Information which might help
For all other FBO apart from small-scale business, FSSAI license has to be obtained
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.