Hungary - Register as Taxpayer
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Use the link provided under "Documents to Use" to view a sample of the registration form written in English. It will give you an idea which information will you need to provide when you complete the form. Note: Only the Hungarian Form can be officially filled.
- Read the form and the instructions carefully.
- Online: You may submit your registration using National Tax and Customs Administration e-services - Link.
- In person or by post: In case you wish to file the form in hard copies (via post or in person), you will need submit two copies to the lower level tax office of the national tax authority having territorial competence. When submitting a registration (applying for a tax number) the data sheet may be filed with any county (Budapest) tax directorate of NAV. Taxpayers belonging under the exclusive competence of the Large Taxpayers Directorate of NAV (non-resident taxpayers, foreign citizens having no registered seat, no branch office, no place of residence or place of stay in Hungary, Hungarian Defence Forces, Law Enforcement Agencies and State Security Services and the personnel, contractual staff, civil servants, public servants and employees thereof, etc.) may apply for a tax number at the above-mentioned lower level tax directorate only.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary
1054 Budapest, Szchenyi u. 2.
Telefon: +36 (1) 428-5100
Fax: +36 (1) 428-5509
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Taxpayers must register with the tax authority prior to the commencement of pursuing their business activities in the territory of Hungary. As the tax number generated upon registration also serves as a VAT identification number, no separate registration is necessary in respect of VAT.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can register as a taxpayer with National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.