Hungary - Register an Industrial Design
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- After you have submitted your documents to the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office, it will examine your application to check whether the it is in conformity with the conditions prescribed for according the date of filing, i.e. whether it contains the reference to the right to design protection, the data suitable for identifying the applicant, the representation of the design, the description of the product according to the design or the reference to the priority document, as well as whether the filing fee was duly paid.
- The Office will notify you about the accorded date of filing. If the date of filing cannot be accorded, the Office will invite you to remedy the deficiencies within thirty days. In the case where the deficiencies are remedied on deadline, the date of filing will be the day when the remedy is received. In a contrary case the application shall be regarded as withdrawn.
- Pay the filling fee. It shall be paid to the budgetary account of the Office by indicating the reference number and the function. Payment without a reference number is not effective. The Office may permit exemption from the design filing fee if the natural person holder of the right is unable to cover it owing to his/her salary-, income- and financial situation.
- If the design and the design application meet all requirements of the examination, the Office will grant protection for the subject matter of application after the expiry of at least one month from the date of publication. After granting the design protection, the Office will issue the Design Protection Certificate.
- The final design protection shall last for a period of five years calculated from the date of filing.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Hungarian Intellectual Property Office
II. Jnos Pl ppa tr 7.
H-1438 Budapest, PO Box 415
Central phone: +36 1 312 4400
Fax: +36 1 474 5534
e-mail: [email protected]
Design protection shall be granted for any design which:
- is new on a worldwide level and has individual character,
- is not excluded from protection for some grounds for refusal.
The designer or his successor in title may apply for the procedure.
Design protection lasts for five years beginning on the filing date of the application.
Upon request, this term can be renewed for further periods of five years each, four times at the most. After expiration of twenty-five years from the filing date of the application, the protection shall not be renewable anymore.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- To obtain design protection in Hungary you will need to file a design application with the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office, and an international application under the Hague Agreement Concerning the International Deposit of Industrial Designs.
- Foreign applicants have to be represented by an authorized patent attorney or an attorney-at-law, having residence in the country. Domestic applicants are not obliged to have a representative, however, if necessary, patent attorneys help prepare applications.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how to register an industrial design with the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Design protection: It grants legal protection for the appearance of a product. By means of this protection, the right holder can create or strengthen his position on the market.
When design protection is infringed:
In the event of the infringement of design protection, the right holder may institute proceedings at the court, and request
- that the fact of infringement be declared,
- an injunction that the infringer cease his infringement,
- the restoration of the status prior to the infringement,
More information which might help people.