Hungary - Register a Business
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applications used in company registration shall be submitted by the legal representative via the Governmental Portal (magyarorszag.hu).
- In the electronic procedure of company registration it is necessary for the counsel to use electronic signature and time stamp.
- Registration (and any other process which requires authorization) by electric means also requires Client Gateway (gyflkapu) registration by the legal representative. The Client Gateway is the electronic identification and customer entry system of Hungarian governance. After single-sign-on and authentication of identity, the Client Gate allows users to connect with public bodies, which provide e-government services and administration. - Link
- The legal representatives (counsel) have to convert all records not prepared by themselves (such as copy of property deed, authorisation, certification by payment service institutions of deposit, etc.) into electronic record. Those electronic documents assigned with qualified electronic signatures (QES) can be attached to the application directly.
- Instrument of constitution on a standard form
- Declaration to the Tax Authority to get the company a tax number
- Authorizations of the legal representative (the counsel), or the certification of the right for representation
- Certificate of payment of administration fees and fee of disclosure
- List of members
- Declaration of the CEO not to be subject to forbidding according to Gt. 23. Certificate of the payment service provider for depositing the contribution in cash, as indicated in the instrument of constitution or the official declaration of the CEO for giving free run of the pledged contribution in cash
- Declaration of the CEO for giving free run of contribution in-kind as well as the assessment declaration of the members concerning the contribution in-kind.
Office Locations & Contacts
Government Customer Line (1818)
1.5 - SZESZ-s, Controlled Electronic Administrative Services
1.6 - Other issues related to e-services (eg Perkapu.)
If you are calling from abroad: +36 (1) 550-1858 Website
Under the Company Procedures Act, business associations may be founded by non-resident and resident natural persons, legal persons and business associations without legal personality.
The laws of Hungary do not provide an exhaustive list of legal persons but, on the basis of the Civil Code, state, municipal, business, social and other organisations may have legal personalities. International treaties may contain regulations in derogation from these provisions in respect of the participation of non-residents in Hungarian business associations.
- For limited partnerships: HUF 50,000 (cca: EUR 172)
- For limited liability companies and for private companies limited by shares: HUF 100,000 (cca. EUR 335)
- For public companies limited by shares: HUF 600,000 (cca: EUR 2,069)
Simplified registration procedure:
- For limited liability companies and for private companies limited by shares: HUF 50,000 (cca. EUR 172)
- For limited partnerships: HUF 25,000 (cca. EUR 86) Publication fees: uniformly HUF 5,000 (cca. EUR 17). In the case of the simplified registration procedure, publication is free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about 15 working days for your application to be processed.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- All companies and sole trader businesses must register at the competent court of registration for the companys registered office.
- Applications to register a business may be submitted electronically via a legal representative. The court of registration electronically records documents relating to the company and provides an electronic certificate of registration. Link
- The "one-stop shop" during company registration means that the Court of Registration obtains the company's tax number and statistical code using the electronic system created for this purpose. The "one-stop shop" in the process of registering sole trader activities means that the competent authority obtains the tax number and statistical code directly, instead of the applicant, so the applicant does not need to deal in person with the competent State tax authority or the Central Statistical Office before registration.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Businesses and companies must be registered with Hungarian Court of Registry and will need to obtain a tax identification number.
- Companies with interests in financing, insurance or capital market activities may need to apply for a special permit with approval from the Hungarian Financial Supervisory Authority (PSZF). Where authorisation by the authority is prescribed as mandatory by law to engage in a certain economic activity, the business association can be founded and registered but it may only begin and pursue the activity in question when in possession of such authorisation. Activities subject to qualification may only be pursued by business associations if there is at least one person among its participating members, employees, or persons working for the benefit of the company under a permanent civil law contract concluded with the business association who satisfies the qualification requirements set out in the legal regulations.
- General partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, single member companies or private limited companies may be founded in a simplified procedure by enclosing with the application for the registration of the company the deed of foundation drawn up on the basis of a template in the annex of the Company Procedures Act.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.