Hungary - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Importation of pets:
- Have your pet examined by a veterinarian: You will need to have your pet examined by a certified veterinarian. Some of the documents that you will need to present when your pet arrives in Hungary will be issued by your vet. Your vet will also be the one who will issue the pet passport.
- EU Pet Passports: For pets living in the EU, the EU pet passport is required when traveling to another EU country . The passport is issued by vet offices. The pets have to be identified by microchip transponders that correspond to the passport of the given pet. Please note: traveling to Finland, Ireland, Malta or the United Kingdom requires treatment against the tapeworm Echinococcus.
- If you are outside Hungary: You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest embassy of Hungary in the country you are currently staying. The office may be able to provide you with information about pet passports and import permits for pets.
- Before you make arrangements to transport your pet: Make sure that you have all the required documents, and got in touch with the authority responsible with the import/export of live animals in the country where your pet will be coming from and in Hungary. If you are thinking of flying in with your pet, you may also try and contact the airline company, they may be able to provide additional information about pet passports and how you can bring your pet abroad.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Travelling with your pets: The European Union (EU) has an EU wide regulation for traveling with pets (dogs, cats, or ferrets) to the EU. In case of traveling to Hungary, the general pet travel regulations apply. The regulation requires that:
- the traveling pet is identifiable by an ID tattoo stemming from before July 1 2011, or by an electronic microchip (transponder). (The transponder has to meet the European ISO standard 11784. If the transponder does not meet the EU standard, the owner is responsible for providing a suitable microchip reader.)
- the traveling pet possesses a VETERINARY CERTIFICATE issued by a certified veterinary
The above rules apply only:
- for dogs, cats and ferrets
- if there are no more than five pets with the traveler and the pet is intended to travel back to the departure country of the traveler
- the pet is accompanied by the owner or by a person designated by the owner
- the destination country is on the list of countries recognized by the EU as having a favorable rabies situation such as Canada, Mexico and the USA, Australia and New Zealand.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can bring your pet dogs and cats to Hungary and how can you apply for a Pet Passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.