Hungary - Guidance To Apply Student Loan
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Student loan - financial companies offering student loans:
- Application form: Student loan companies publishes the loan application form and the loan contract on their website. If you would like to apply for a Student Loan, visit the loan company's website and see if the form is available for download. The form package may include a Loan Contract and a Loan Application Form. Do not forget to keep one copy of each document.
- Applying for a loan: Fill in and submit the required forms. There are student loan companies in Hungary that has authorized representatives who can accept loan application in behalf of the company.
- Other required documents: Along with the completed application you will also need to submit other required documents like proof that you are enrolled in a university/college, computation of your school expenses, some companies may also ask applicant to present financial statements.
- Signing the loan contract: Your loan contract will be valid only if you sign both copies of the loan application form as well the loan contract, which is on the other side of the application form, in the presence of the administrator. The administrator will check the loan contract and the loan application form for completeness.
Some of the documents that applicants may be asked to submit or present:
- Your personal identity document, which may be either your old booklet-format ID or your new card-format ID, or your passport or your driving licence, as long as it was issued after 1 January 2001, a document that proves your refugee status, a document that proves your permanent resident and immigrant status, a residence permit for EEA nationals;
- Your address card, except if you have an old, booklet-format ID that contains your address;
- Your tax card or an official certificate issued by the tax authority which contains your tax number.
Loan applications submitted through an authorised representative:
Make sure that he/she takes the following documents with him/her to the loan application office: a personal identification document, his/her official address card, and his/her notarized authorization which contains at least the following information:
- Data of the borrower,
- Signature of the borrower and the authorised representative,
- The representatives name, residence (mailing address if it is different from the place of residence), mothers maiden name, identification data (number, code) of his/her personal identification document and
- the Borrowers explicit statement regarding that the representative is authorised to fill in the Loan Application Form and sign the Loan Contract and the Loan Application Form for and on behalf of the Borrower.
Note: Documents listed above are just some of the requirements that a bank/financing company may ask you to submit, it may vary per bank/financing company or some may ask you to produce additional documents. Get in touch with the bank/financing company for more info regarding required documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
There are financial institutions in Hungary that offers student loans, most university and college students are eligible to apply for one. Full time, part time and correspondence students attending state-funded, partially state-funded or self-financed courses or even long distance learning students may apply for a loan.
You may take out a Student loan if you:
- are under the age of 35 [Note 1],
- are a Hungarian national,
- are a recognized refugee,
- have a permanent residence permit or immigration permit,
- have the right to free movement and residence in Hungary on the legal ground specified in the Decree [Note 2].
You may take out the loan if you:
- have a valid student status in a higher education institute,
- have reported your place of residence to the registry of the personal data and addresses,
- have enrolled for a course for the particular semester and
- if you have no Student Loan contract in force.
Students whose Loan Contract, made before, has terminated and they have failed to pay off their related debts are not entitled to take out a Student Loan. A person is only allowed to hold one Student Loan contract at a time.
- The Student Loan may be disbursed for the last time in the month in which the borrower turns 35.
Eligibility criteria may vary per company.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
For most student loans, repayment period starts after course completion.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Before applying for a student loan:
- Make sure that you can present and submit all the required documents that the bank/financing company is asking for.
- Take note of the interest rate, conditions, and repayment scheme that the bank/financing company is offering. Look into several companies and do some research regarding the application process.
- It may also be helpful if you can ask your university/college if they offer any loans to students or if they have partnered with any bank/company that offers student financing.
- You might also need to consider the bank's/financing company's customer service, since this type of loan are usually long term, it will make transactions easier and can save you from a lot of headache in the future if your bank has good and accommodating bank representatives or loan officers.
- Loan amount: You may not need to accept the entire loan amount the bank/financing company is offering you. Remember that what you are getting is not a grant but a loan, meaning you will need to pay back everything plus interest sometime in the future.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Student Loan system was established in 2001 by the Government of the Republic of Hungary.
Student loan schemes/education finance are designed to make the student's university/college life easier with its interest rate substantially lower than other personal loans offered by financial institutions and repaying the loan may be deferred while the student is still in school.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.