Hungary - Driver License (Car, Motor Bike, Scooter)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You have to approach the local county government offices to apply for a driver license. For more information, please check through the "Office Locations & Contacts" section of this page.
- Please make sure you have the necessary document that are listed under the "Required Documents" section of this page.
- If all the necessary documents have been submitted and the fees are paid appropriately, you will be provided with a valid driver license.
You could also approach any local driving schools in the area where you live in Hungary, they should be able to help you out in getting a driver license, but they would charge you for the service they provide.
- Appropriate valid personal identity document (ID card, passport, card format driving license).
- Address card (official certificate on personal identifier and address of domicile).
- In case of foreign citizen document certifying his/her normal country of residence.
- Test sheet or test confirmation issued by the traffic directorate authority certifying the successful test
- Medical certification
- Receipt of payment of the driving license administration fee
Office Locations & Contacts
To apply for a driver license related process you have to approach your local county government office in Hungary.
Following are some contact information related to head office which you can contact to get more information : Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Services
Personal Customer Service Centre related contact Information : Customer Service Centre
Government Office (Document Office) search : Goverment Office Search
- Applicant should have normal place of residence in Hungary.
- in case of foreign citizens had stayed in Hungary six months before the application.
- Applicant should not considered as unfit to drive from road safety point of view.
- Applicant should also satisfy medical, driver aptitude, training and test requirements.
Administration fee is 4000 HUF. It is 1500 HUF.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Procedure time is 30 days.
There is an opportunity to request a text message or email notification about the mailing-, or arrival time of the ready document to the Document Office.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a driver license in Hungary.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.