Hungary - Apply for a National Residence Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying for a National Residence Permit
- Go to the competent authority to apply.
- Fill in and submit the application form along with all other required documents.
- The application process includes collecting your biometric data (facial image and fingerprints).
- Upon submission of your application you will be asked to make a declaration that in case your application is rejected, you agree to voluntary leave the territory of the EU Member States.
Extension of National Residence Permit
- You may have the validity of your National Residence Permit extended for another 5 years, 30 days before it expires.
- You must submit your application for extension to The Immigration and Naturalization Office in your place of accommodation in Hungary.
- Your must submit your application in person, unless you are suffering from a medical condition, appearing in person may be waived.
- Completed application form.
- 1 passport-size photograph
- Valid Passport
The application must state exactly where the applicant will be staying while in Hungary. The address must be evidenced by a document showing that the apartment is owned by the applicant (30 days old deed-copy), rent tenancy contract, or other credible documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of Immigration and Nationality
1117 in Cape Road 60 Public Sztregova II
Tel: 36 1 463-9100
Budapest County Regional Directorate
1117 Budapest in Cape Street 60
Tel: 36 1463-9100
-1104 Bp Dew u. 131
Tel: 36 1433-0492
-1075 Bp Charles street 11
Tel: 36 1323-3189
Fax: 36 1323-3168
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Issuance of the National Residence Permit for the first time is free of charge.
Administrative service fee of EUR10,000 , must be paid to have your permit renewed or extended, this is the amount of stamps that need to be paid upon submission of your application.
National Residency Permits are valid for up to 5 years, and may be extended for another 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing your application for renewal or extension may take about 21 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
The application form for the National Residence Permit shall state the applicant's identity, nationality (statelessness), other data passport, educational background, qualifications, occupation or marital status. The applicant also need to declare any previous punishments, expulsions, or if he/she have previously submitted an application for the said permit and was rejected. Information regarding the applicant's health will also be needed to be declared, did he/she suffered from any contagious disease or pathogenic conditions.
Need for the Document
Following are procedures on how to apply for a National Residence Permit.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- The Immigration and Naturalization Office of Hungary:
More information which might help people.