Honduras - Apply for Identity Card Early Application (16 to 18 years old)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants must go to RNP office in their municipality accompanied by either parents or guardian or any person responsible for the minor to apply for an identity card.
- The officer will ask for the required documents to be presented and will conduct a short interview to gather some vital information.
- The officer will then proceed with capturing the image of the applicant, and in case the municipal registry office don't have their own image capturing device he/she will simply ask the applicant to submit their own photograph. The applicant's fingerprint and signature will also be collected during this step.
- Finally, the officer will hand in to the applicant a document that will attest, that the identity card will be delivered to the applicant once he/she turns 18 years old, removing it from the delivery section of identity cards.
- Birth Certificate or ID card for minors.
- Two colored photographs (only if the municipal registry office don't have their own image capturing device). The following must be considered when taking a photo to be used in the procedure:
- The photo must be taken in a well lighted place.
- With background or gray blanket on the wall
- Backless chair
- Camera with flash on tripod placed 1.22 meters away
- Do not wear sleeveless shirt or blouse when taking the photo
- Do not wear dark glasses graduates permanent lenses, (Clear), except for the blind.
- Do not wear hats, turbans, scarves
- Ears must be seen in the photo.
- No bandages covering the face
- A photo must not be taken when a person is drunk or drugged
- No extravagant or extraordinary hairstyles
Office Locations & Contacts
All Hondurans who are aged between 16 to 18.
The procedure do not cost anything.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Your application will be processed within 30 working days.
Applications are submitted to the municipal RNP where the applicant is a resident.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Identity cards are issued to Hondurans solely by the National Registry of Persons. It is a personal identification document enabling its holder to perform activities of political, academic, civil, financial, administrative, legal or notarial in nature. It is basically presented whenever the law requires a citizen to produce a document to identify themselves. All Hondurans must apply for an identity card, within 3 months from the date they reach the age of 18.
Following are procedures on how to apply for an identity card for ages 16 to 18 (early application).
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Registro Nacional de las Personas, Honduras:
More information which might help people.