Honduras - Apply for Emergency Passport (Special Travel Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Special Travel Permit, applicants will need to submit an application to the passport office of the National Migration Institute.
- Submit all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
If you are outside Honduras
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Honduras in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular section will process your request for a Special Travel Permit.
Individual Travel Permit:
- Original birth certificate (recently issued)
- Proof that the applicant has applied for a replacement identity card
- Another valid photo identification
- Passport photos
- Proof of payment of the application fee
- Declaration of reason why the applicant need to travel abroad
Collective Travel Permit:
- For each applicant must submit: ID card or birth certificate.
- Invitation or accreditation of participation to a sporting, artistic, cultural, religious, academic, or hikers delegations.
Note: Minors whose parents are not present and delegated to a third party, must submit an authenticated authorization, designating their guardian as their representative.
Office Locations & Contacts
Instituto Nacional De Migracion
Col. Las Torres in front of City Mall
TEL: 504 2234-1996 / 504 2234-1998
The National Migration Institute may grant this permit individually or collectively to those who need to leave the country, as follows:
- Return to a third country where a Honduran citizen possesses legal residence.
- Departure and return to the country only once to the countries of the CA-4 (Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras) region and other reciprocal treatment in similar cases.
- National delegations: artistic, sporting, cultural or hikers: National delegations.
Special Travel Permit per person (over 12 years): $ 75.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Special Permit Application (collective):
- Reason for the trip
- In charge of the travel.
- Type of transport and identification (color, pattern, plate).
- Identification of the vehicle (terrestrial).
- Number of people.
- List of people.
- Departure date.
- Return date.
- Border departure and return.
Other information needed for the applicants:
- Full name.
- Identification number (depending identity card or birth certificate)
- Contact information (address and phone number).
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can apply for an Emergency Passport (Special Travel Permit) in Honduras.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
It is up to the country receiving the Honduran, whether to acknowledge the special travel permit, allowing or not allowing the Honduran to enter the country.
More information which might help people.