Guatemala - Replace Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You must obtain a written affidavit regarding your lost or stolen driver's license.
- Gather all other documents needed to obtain a replacement license.
- Bring these documents to any Maycom licensing center to apply for the procedure.
- Written affidavit regarding the incident (loss or theft) issued by a competent authority
- Proof that you have paid the replacement fee, one hundred QUETZALS (Q100.00),
- Eye exam issued by an optical clinic or active collegiate professional ophthalmologist, that complies with the requirements established by the Department of transit of the National Civil Police.
- Original invoice of the eye exam
- Other requirements:
- Identification document (DPI only), original and in good condition. Note: In case you do not have any of these documents, get in touch with Maycom.
- Photocopy of the identification document (DPI)
- Original ornamental ticket of the year
- For minors (16 years old):
- Birth Certificate issued by RENAP, not older than 6 months
- Signed Parents/Legal Guardian Consent Form
- Parent's/legal guardian original and photocopy of the ID card (DPI), must be in good condition.
Office Locations & Contacts
Maycom Contact Center
Phone: (502) 2421-0800
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Saturday: 08:00 to 13:00 hrs.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 17:00 hrs.
Saturday: 08:00 to 13:00 hrs.
Transit Department of the National Police in Guatemala City
Calzada Ral Aguilar Batres 35-47 area 12
(opposite the galleries shopping centre of South)
Phone (502) 2320-4598 / 4545
In order to obtain a replacement driver's license applicants must:
- Have no unpaid fines
- Pass an eye examination
Driver's license related fees:
- Validity Period:
- 1 year: Q 100.00
- 2 years: Q 185.00
- 3 years: Q 260.00
- 4 years: Q 320.00
- 5 years: Q 390.00
- Replacement and/or transfer: Q 100.00
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
In the event of theft or loss a replacement license can be issued to the license holder. Following is a procedure on how to apply for a duplicate driver's license.
Information which might help
Since 1999, Maycom have been producing, managing, and controls the production of licenses from driving vehicles to the Republic of Guatemala. And in 2004, it became the first private company that delivers a government service, to the Republic of Guatemala and the Ministry of the Interior.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.