Guatemala - Renew Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all required documents.
- Bring these documents to any Maycom licensing center to have your license renewed.
Note: Licenses that are not renewed after 30 days will require its holder to pay a penalty during renewal.
- Proof that you have paid the renewal fee.
- Eye exam issued by an optical clinic or active collegiate professional ophthalmologist, that complies with the requirements established by the Department of transit of the civilian national police.
- Original invoice of the eye exam
- Other requirements:
- Identification document (DPI only), original and in good condition
- Photocopy of the document of identification (DPI)
- Original ornamental ticket of the year
- For minors (16 years old):
- Birth Certificate issued by RENAP, not older than 6 months
- Signed Parents/Legal Guardian Consent Form
- Parent's/legal guardian original and photocopy of the ID card (DPI), must be in good condition.
- Proof of payment of the application fee, Q100.00 (for one year)
Office Locations & Contacts
Maycom Contact Center
Phone: (502) 2421-0800
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Saturday: 08:00 to 13:00 hrs.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 17:00 hrs.
Saturday: 08:00 to 13:00 hrs.
Transit Department of the National Police in Guatemala City
Calzada Ral Aguilar Batres 35-47 area 12
(opposite the galleries shopping centre of South)
Phone (502) 2320-4598 / 4545
In order to renew your driver's license you must:
- have no unpaid fines
- pass an eye examination
Driver's license related fees:
- Validity Period:
- 1 year: Q 100.00
- 2 years: Q 185.00
- 3 years: Q 260.00
- 4 years: Q 320.00
- 5 years: Q 390.00
- Replacement and/or transfer: Q 100.00
Fine for not renewing a driver's license on time:
- 31 days to 1 year: Q 50.00
- 1 year, 1 day to 2 years: Q100.00
- 2 years, 1 day to 3 years: Q150.00
- 3 years, 1 day to 4 years: Q200.00
- 4 years, 1 day to 5 years: Q250.00
- 5 years, 1 day: Q300.00
Individuals who are exempt from paying the fine:
- Those who are outside the country legally.
- License holders who are in prison.
- Individuals who are suffering from serious illness than hinders them from driving a vehicle.
Note: Legal documentation must be provided and submitted directly to the Transit Department of the National Police.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. This document also serves as identification and proof of age.
Here is a procedure on how you can renew your driver's license issued in Guatemala.
Information which might help
Since 1999, Maycom have been producing, managing, and controls the production of licenses from driving vehicles to the Republic of Guatemala. And in 2004, it became the first private company that delivers a government service, to the Republic of Guatemala and the Ministry of the Interior.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.