Guatemala - Obtain Another Type of Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Gather all required documents.
- Bring these documents to any Maycom licensing center to obtain another type of driver's license.
- Certificate of approval of theoretical and practical driving test, extended by motoring school authorized by the Ministry of the Interior.
- Original invoice issued by the authorized School of motoring.
- Valid driver's license
- Receipt of payment for transfer (Q.100.00).
- Eye exam issued by an optical clinic or active collegiate professional ophthalmologist, that complies with the requirements established by the Department of transit of the National Civil Police.
- Original invoice of the eye exam
- Identification document (DPI), original and in good condition.
- Photocopy of the identification document (DPI)
- Original ornamental ticket of the year.
Office Locations & Contacts
Maycom Contact Center
Phone: (502) 2421-0800
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 18:00 hrs.
Saturday: 08:00 to 13:00 hrs.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 to 17:00 hrs.
Saturday: 08:00 to 13:00 hrs.
Transit Department of the National Police in Guatemala City
Calzada Ral Aguilar Batres 35-47 area 12
(opposite the galleries shopping centre of South)
Phone (502) 2320-4598 / 4545
- Class A License (Professional): Applicants must be at least 23 years old, and must have held a Class C or B license for at least 3 years. This type license will allow you to drive all kinds of vehicles.
- Class B License: Applicants must be at least 21 years old. Class B licenses are for driving light weight vehicles.
Note: Applicants must also make sure that he/she does not have any unpaid fines.
Driver's license related fees:
- Validity Period:
- 1 year: Q 100.00
- 2 years: Q 185.00
- 3 years: Q 260.00
- 4 years: Q 320.00
- 5 years: Q 390.00
- Replacement and/or transfer: Q 100.00
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Here is a procedure on how you can apply for another type of driver's license.
Information which might help
Since 1999, Maycom have been producing, managing, and controls the production of licenses from driving vehicles to the Republic of Guatemala. And in 2004, it became the first private company that delivers a government service, to the Republic of Guatemala and the Ministry of the Interior.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.