Guatemala - Apply for DPI (Personal Identification Document 20 years old)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Have all the required documents photocopied.
- Go to any RENAP office to apply.
- For issuance of DPI follow link: http://www.renap.gob.gt/proceso-de-emision-dpi
- Notarized Affidavit, stating that the applicant never filed for a card
- Birth Certificate (recent, not older than 6 months)
- Ornamental Ticket for the year
Note: Original and Photocopied
Office Locations & Contacts
RENAP (Registro Nacional de las Personas)
Republica de Guatemala
Calzada Roosevelt 13-46 Zone 7
Phone: 2416 - 1900
Call Centre: 1516
Email Contact Form:
Search for Office Locations:
- All citizens and foreigners living in Guatemala, registered in the RENAP, have the right to request and obtain the DPI.
- aged 20 years old
- never filed for an identity card
- Application fee: Q85.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- If all the information that you have submitted are verified correct by the Civil Registry
- 30 working days
- If there any inconsistencies, the process may take longer.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You may apply for a Personal Identification Document in any RENAP (Registro Nacional de las Personas) Office.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The DPI system is created to answer the need to have a national regulation regarding personal documentation, adapting to technological advances.
The DPI is a public document by which people can identify themselves to exercise the right to vote and it is the only document that can be used for all civil, administrative and legal, and in general for all cases required by law.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Apply for a DPI
- Frequently Asked Questions
More information which might help people.