Germany - Renew Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain passport application form from the Immigrations offices
- Fill out the application forms
- Submit the application forms together with other required documents e.g. Certified passport size photo.
- Pay the required fees.
- Your old passport an d its photocopy
- Identity card
- Completed and signed application form
- Birth Certificate/Birth Declaration
- Marriage Certificate
- If applicable, a Declaration of Name Change
- Proof of Deregistration (Einwohnermeldeamt) from Germany, if the address in the passport is still a German residence.
- Registration Confirmation for Late Repatriates.
Office Locations & Contacts
Tel.:+49 (0)30 25 98 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 25 98 2205
e-mail: [email protected]
Bundesministerium des Innern
Tel.:+49 30 18681-1022/-1023 /-1089
Fax: +49 30 18681-1083
E-mail: [email protected]
When the existing passport has expired or is about to expire/ full.
Validity is up to 10 years.
Documents to Use
Processing time is about 10 - 12 weeks.
Does Germany Issue E-Passports?
How to Renew Expired Passport?
- You need to personally file your application at the closest passport control offices.
- You can download the necessary application forms free from charge from the mission's web site.
- Surname at birth
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Colour of eyes
- Religious name or artists pseudonym
- Current address and contact details
- Details of current German passport/identity papers
- Signature of applicant
- Residence permit in your country of residence
Need for the Document
Renewing of passport means subsequent applications for the passport after the first Passport has expired, is due to expire or filled up booklet.
Information which might help
Avoid delays or problems by ensuring you provide all the correct information and supporting documentation required for passport renewal.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
In order to avoid any delays, you must thoroughly complete the application form, submit the proper passport photos and all necessary documents including three copies of each.