Germany - Register a Business
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The application form is electronically filled.
- Clear the name of company at the local chamber of industry and commerce.
- A notary notarizes the articles of association and memorandum of association.
- Notify the local office of business and standards of the establishment of the company
- Notify the local labor office of the establishment of the company
- Register employees for health and social insurance
- Mail out the documentation to the Tax Office
- Certificate of registration
- Identification documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
58097 Hagen (Germany)
Phone: +49 (0)2331 36748-0
Fax: +49 (0)211 87565 114 100
E-mail: [email protected]
Businesses that are operating a commercial transaction or operation.
- Minimum EUR 250
- For GmbH, at least EUR 400
- For AG minimum EUR 500
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Original certificate of registration http://handelsregisterauszug-online.de/intertimer.pdf
Maximum of 30 days
Doing Business in Germany
The application for registration in the commercial register is electronically filed in publicly certified form by a notary to the responsible commercial register..
- Names of owner or partners
- Street Address
- Zip code and City
- Type of business
Need for the Document
When starting a business and after starting operating a company or a business has to be registered in the public commercial/trade register.
Information which might help
Small businesses, freelancers, civil partnerships and branch offices do not have to to be registered.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Common register portal of the German federal states
- German Company Register Research (Handelsregisterauszug)
- Business Registration
The costs and fees are not levied on an arbitrary basis but are regulated by law. They largely depend on the number of partners and the share capital. Further costs can be incurred by the provision of additional legal advice.