Germany - Apply Adult Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill out the application form
- Applicants have to apply for a new passport in person and the data in newly issued passports is essentially an authenticated copy of the personal data found in locally stored registration documents
- Identity card
- Completed and signed application form
- Birth Certificate/Birth Declaration
- Marriage Certificate
- If applicable, a Declaration of Name Change
- Proof of Deregistration (Einwohnermeldeamt) from Germany, if the address in the passport is still a German residence.
- Registration Confirmation for Late Repatriates.
Office Locations & Contacts
Tel.:+49 (0)30 25 98 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 25 98 2205
e-mail: [email protected]
Bundesministerium des Innern
Tel.:+49 30 18681-1022/-1023 /-1089
Fax: +49 30 18681-1083
E-mail: [email protected]
Only German citizens may apply for a German passport.
For applicants less than 24 years- 59
For applicants over 24 years of age- 37
For applicants less than 24 years of age the passport will be valid for 6 years;
for applicants over 24 years of age the passport will be valid for 10 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
10 - 12 weeks.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
It is required that the applicant appears in person
- Surname at birth
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Colour of eyes
- Religious name or artists pseudonym
- Current address and contact details
- Details of current German passport/identity papers
- Signature of applicant
- Residence permit in your country of residence
Need for the Document
German passports are issued to nationals of Germany for the purpose of international travel.
A German passport is, besides the German ID card and the German Emergency Travel Document (called "Reiseausweis als Passersatz"), the only other officially recognized document that German authorities will routinely accept as proof of identity from German citizens
Information which might help
In Germany, applications for passports and identity cards can be filed with the responsible local passport and identity card authorities.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Facilitate the process of securing assistance from German consular officials abroad (or other EU-members in the case that a German consular facility is absent).
The data page/information page is printed in German, English, and French.