Eritrea - Replace Lost / Stolen Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To replace a lost/stolen or out of pages Eritrean passport, applicants will need to go to the nearest Eritrean embassy or consulate in the country where they are currently staying.
- Complete an application form.
- Submit the completed form together with all the required documents.
- Depending on the consular services office where you are applying, you may also need to submit a self addressed prepaid return envelope.
To replace an Out of Pages, Lost or Old Passport (Passport issued prior to 2011) applicants will need to submit these documents:
- A complete application form Passport Application Form (Original form should be obtained by contacting the Consulate office)
- Two passport:
- Photo dimensions: 35 x 45mm
- Neutral expression, mouth closed
- Good lighting, no shadows behind head or on face
- Eyes looking directly at camera
- Coloured photo on white background
- High resolution, good quality paper
- Only prescription glasses allowed
- Only religious hats/scarves allowed
- Clear copy of Eritrean ID (both sides)
- Evidence of up-to-date recovery tax payment clearance
- Police Clearance for lost Passport
- Recent passport if run out of pages/old passport
- Proof of payment of the application fee
- Depending on the consular services office where you are applying, you may also need to submit a self addressed prepaid return envelope
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can replace a lost/stolen Eritrean Passport issued to citizens abroad.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.