Eritrea - Apply for a Tourist Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
1.An applicant must start by reviewing instructions based on the purpose of journey to Eritrea. The instructions may be viewed at a nearby diplomatic office of Eritrea. This may be any embassy, high commission or consulate office, a list of these offices may be viewed at
2. Obtain an application form and complete it carefully, ensure that you sign and insert date on all visa application forms;
3. USA nationals may be required to also fill a Global Service Order Form in addition to the application form;
4. Make all necessary payments;
5. Attach all required documents including the payment slip and submit application.
USA nationals can apply on line by visiting http://eritrea.visahq.com/ and clicking on the prompt apply online. it will to a page https://www.visahq.com/profiles.php where an applicant must fill form and at the bottom of the page after filling , he / she clicks on the prompt save and continue, the system shall lead him / her up to the submission stage of the application.
USA citizens can further apply for the visa on line by visiting http://www.travelvisapro.com/visa/eritrea and following the steps as directed by the system.
1. Valid passports
2. Recent passport photographs
3. Health Certificates
4. Invitation letter from family / friend in Eritrea
5. Flight itinerary
6. Authorization letter from the parent, and a copy of parent`s photo ID (for minors).
7. Certificate of marriage (spouse)
8. Evidence of sufficient funds (A bank statement)
9. Evidence of relationship with dependants (if any)
10. Evidence of hotel reservation(s) if you wish to enter as a tourist;
Office Locations & Contacts
1.Eritrea Ministry of Foreign Affair
P.O Box 190 Asmara
Telephone 127108 / 127 838
2.Eritrea embassies, consulate offices or high commissions can be viewed at
http://eritrea.embassyhomepage.com/eritrea_visa_application_form_eritrea_visa_service_eritrea_hotels_asmara_flights_eritrea_travel_insurance_eritrean_embassy_uk.htm#Eritrea-tourist-visaform and at http://eritrean.visaapplicationrequirements.com/
A person visiting Eritrea on the basis of leisure activities like visiting family and friends, attending meetings seminars or conferences and any other unpaid tour related activities.
1.Tourist visa regular: US$40 - $45 2.Tourist visa express/ rush: US$50 - $55 3.For applicants from:
- Sweden or Finland 430 SEK
- Denmark 360 DKK
- Norway 410 NOK
Validity varies basing on issuing consulate.
Tourist single entry visa up to three (3) months
Documents to Use
Sample application form can be downloaded from http://eritrea.embassyhomepage.com/eritrea_visa_application_form_eritrea_visa_service_eritrea_hotels_asmara_flights_eritrea_travel_insurance_eritrean_embassy_uk.htm and can also be downloaded from http://eritrea.travisa.com/VisaInstructions.aspx?CitizenshipID=US&CountryID=ER&TravelerTypeID=TO&ResidenceID=US&PartnerID=TA
Sample application forms can also be downloaded from http://www.eritrean-embassy.se/consular-services/visa-application/
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Five (5) fifteen (15) working days.
Rush, Emergency / express visa service are available for additional fees
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
1.Applicants must have a valid passport;
2.must be ready to comply with laws, rules and regulation of the immigration department and of the country (Eritrea) as a whole;
3.Overstaying against the given visa validity period is a very serious offence;
4.Holders of a tourist visa should not engage in any kind of business activities in Eritrea;
5.Always use designated entry points to avoid inconveniences;
6.Avoid carrying dangerous / prohibited objects when entering the country;
7.Ensure that the funds you have are enough to take you through your period of stay in the country;
8.It is advisable to always contact an Eritrean representative before travelling to the country;
1. Name of applicant
2. Address, Sex, Age and Marital status
4. Purpose of visit
5. Financial stand
6. Duration of stay in the country
7. Dates of departure
8. Particulars of person hosting you in Eritrea / hotel details (where applicant will be staying)
9. Details of spouse or any dependants to travel with (number, name, address, passport details and age)
Need for the Document
Like any other country, a visa in Eritrea permits a person (foreigner) to enter in the country. An Eritrean tourist visa is issued to a foreigner for a limited time for purposes of tour or leisure travel, and it is important to note that Eritrean tourist visas are issued for single entry.
The visas in Eritrea are issued by the foreign ministry and are issued by the diplomatic representatives of the country in foreign countries (embassies, high commissions or consulate offices
Information which might help
1.Nationals of Eritrea, Kenya and Uganda may not be required to hold visa in order to enter Eritrea;
2. Also travelers with a residence permit, re-entry permit and personnel of the United Nations Mission to Ethiopia and Eritrea do not need to acquire visa to enter Eritrea.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
1.It strengthens relationship between the countries involved;
2.When tourist enter the country, the country earns revenue through taxation;
3.A holder of the tourist visa can freely move in the country;
4.Creation of market for the local products as foreign buy items for daily use;
More information which might help people.