England - Obtain a Disabled Parking Permit (Blue Badge)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Prepare the following before you start the application process: details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one), a digital or signed photo, your National Insurance number, proof of identification and proof of residency.
- To apply for a Blue Badge you may go [online] and answer questions about your disability, check your eligibility and fill in an application form to apply for or renew a Blue Badge.
- After you have completed your application, it will then be sent to your local council for a decision.
For questions about the Blue Badge scheme, contact your local council or the Initial Enquiry Support Service.
Turned down applications
If your application form a blue badge was turned down, your council should tell you why youre not eligible for a Blue Badge.
You can ask them to reconsider your case if you dont think all the important information you provided was taken into account.
You can also re-apply if your mobility problems become more serious.
- a digital or signed photo
- proof of identification
- proof of residency
Office Locations & Contacts
Blue Badge Initial Enquiry Support Service
Email: [email protected]
Telephone (England): 0844 463 0213
Telephone (Scotland): 0844 463 0214
Telephone (Wales): 0844 463 0215
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- details of your current Blue Badge (if you have one)
- your National Insurance number
- details of your disability
Need for the Document
The Blue Badge scheme is designed to help disabled people who have severe mobility problems lead independent lives by knowing that when they reach a destination, either as a driver or passenger, that they will be able to park near to a venue and therefore have easier access to the services they want to use.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a Disabled Parking Permit (Blue Badge) in England.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- UK Government Website:
More information which might help people.