England - How To Obtain a commemorative Marriage Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Order by Online
- It's quick and easy to order your commemorative marriage certificate online.
- Make sure you place your order at least ten working days before the date you need it.
- To order certificate online follow link https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp
- Order by Telephone
- You can order commemorative marriage certificate by telephone from the General Register Office or you can contact the local register office where the event took place.
- Call +44 (0) 300 123 1837, Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, or Saturday 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- The General Register Office accepts Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Visa Debit or Maestro.
- Order by Post
- Download and complete the applications form. Please read the accompanying guidance notes before you complete your application form.
- Send the completed form, with the correct payment by cheque or postal order, to General Register Office, PO Box 2, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2JD.
- Your ID card
- Residential Proof
Office Locations & Contacts
- For your local register office follow link
- Mailing Address
PO Box 2,
You and your partner can apply for commemorative marriage certificate.
The commemorative marriage certificate fee is 23.40
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can order special commemorative certificates for Silver (25th), Ruby (40th), Golden (50th) and Diamond (60th) wedding anniversaries as gifts or keepsakes.
- Printed on specially designed certificates, commemorative marriage certificates feature the original marriage details and are mounted within a presentation box.
- You can order your commemorative marriage certificate either by online or post or phone.
- The commemorative marriage certificate fee is 23.40.
- Each certificate features the official seal of the General Register Office and is stamped with the Royal Arms.
- Full name of bride and groom
- Bride and Groom Fathers name
- Type of anniversary
- Date of Marriage
- Place of Marriage
- Contact address
- Telephone Number
Need for the Document
If you need to obtain your commemorative marriage certificate or if you would like to have an additional copy of your commemorative marriage certificate you can obtain one by following the procedure given below.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
These Certificates (sometimes referred to as marriage licences) can be used for legal and official purposes.
- Directgov - Order a commemorative marriage certificate
More information which might help people.