England - How To Obtain a Still Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Order by Telephone
- You can apply for still birth certificate by telephone.
- Call +44 (0) 300 123 1837, Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, or Saturday 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- A Welsh helpline service is available on +44 (0) 151 471 4575.
- Order by Post
- Complete the application form and send the completed form, with the correct payment by cheque or postal order, to General Register Office, PO Box 2, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2JD.
- For Welsh written enquiries:
- Y Swyddfa Gofrestru Gyffredinol, Blwch Post 118, Smedley Hydro, Trafalgar Road, Southport, PR8 2GQ
- Your ID card
- Residential Proof
Office Locations & Contacts
- For your local register office follow link
- Mailing Address
PO Box 2,
- For Welsh written enquiries
Y Swyddfa Gofrestru Gyffredinol,
Blwch Post 118,
Due to the sensitive nature of stillbirth registrations, only the mother or father of the child is able to apply for a certificate. The parent must be named on the birth certificate to do this. Should the parents be deceased, a brother or sister can apply if they can provide their parents dates of death.
The cost of the still birth certificate is 9.25.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You can apply for still birth certificate either by post or phone.
- To obtain an application form for a stillbirth certificate, you can either telephone or write to the General Register Office.
- The cost of the certificate is 9.25
- Full name of bride and groom
- Bride and Groom Fathers name
- Type of anniversary
- Date of Marriage
- Place of Marriage
- Contact address
- Telephone Number
Need for the Document
If you need to obtain still birth certificate of your child you can obtain one by following the procedure given below.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Directgov - Order a stillbirth certificate
More information which might help people.