Wikiprocedure > United Kingdom > England

England - Apply for Travel Grant for Students

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


For those who are studying abroad

  1. Apply for student finance for your study abroad using your student finance account. You create an account if you dont have one yet.
  2. You will receive a course abroad form.
  3. After you have completed and returned the form, youll automatically receive a travel grant form if youre eligible.

Keep all receipts for any expenses you want to apply for - youll need to send photocopies when you apply.

The money will be paid direct into your bank account.

To those doing a clinical placement in the UK

After applying for student finance for clinical study youll automatically receive a travel grant form if youre eligible.


Required Documents[edit]

List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure.

1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington DL1 9HJ

Telephone: 0300 100 0607
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 4pm

Textphone: 0300 100 0622
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm



You may apply to obtain a grant to cover some of your travel expenses if you normally live in England and:

  • youre studying abroad as part of your course, or on an ERASMUS study or work placement
  • youre a medical or dental student studying abroad or attending a clinical placement in the UK

Note: Your permanent home address must be in England.


Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links


Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 



Travel Grant: You dont have to pay back a travel grant. The amount you will get depends on your total household income. This means your income, if you have one, combined with that of your parents or guardians, or spouse or partner if you live with them. Dont count income from other family members you live with.

You must pay the ?rst 303 of your travel costs - and your travel grant will be reduced by 1 for each 9.27 of household income over 39,796.

To those studying abroad: You can apply for:

  • up to 3 return journeys between your home and the overseas institution during a full academic year abroad
  • help with essential expenses, medical insurance and travel visas

You may be able to apply for your childrens travel costs if youre a single parent.

Medical or dental students doing a clinical placement in the UK: You can apply for travel costs between your home and the hospital or facility where youre doing your placement.

Required Information[edit]

A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.
1. Date of Birth.
2. City or County of Birth.


Need for the Document[edit]

Following is a procedure on how can students apply for a Travel Grant.

Information which might help[edit]

Enter other informations which might help

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

  • GOV.UK:



More information which might help people.