Dominican Republic - Apply for a Business Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain an application form at the consular headquarters. You may also download the form or fill it up online.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Pay appropriate fee.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to approve or refuse visa application.
For the Applicant:
- Visa Application Letter (not notarized) , addressed to the Consul, signed by the company or institution to which the beneficiary, containing payee name, nationality, place of residence, what type business he/she is in, purpose in coming to the Dominican Republic and how many times he/she will be visiting the country. This document must be filled in by the company or institution to which the applicant is related to and the letter must be stamped and sealed in foil.
- Visa Form: duly completed, information printed or written legibly. Forms are available at the consular headquarters or may be downloaded or filled in online.
- One (1) picture, sized 4 x 5 inches, front and with white background.
- Original passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- Labor Certification, indicating the date the applicant joined the company, position in the company and salary.
- Immigration Status , these are legible photocopy of the national identity of the country of nationality and legible photocopy of the residence card , if you live in a second country.
- Travel history , photocopies of Dominican visas and of other countries
- No Criminal Record Certificate issued by the appropriate authorities of the last country in which the person was a resident of.
Guarantor from the Dominican Republic:
- Letter of Guarantee, Duly notarized and legalized in the Attorney General's Office, this document must be submitted by the applicant along with all other documents on the day of his interview in the Dominican consulate, it is essential that the guarantee letter containing the following clause, in order to be accepted by the Dominican Republic diplomatic mission or consular:
- WARRANTY CLAUSE: "I guarantee (name, nationality and passport) , will not stay in the Dominican Republic longer than that granted by the Directorate General of Immigration, or request change of residence or immigration status from the Dominican territory, devoted exclusively to the activity for which the visa was granted. " I do morally and economically responsible to return to their country of origin , assuming to pay for any expenses of the Dominican State in which that person may incur during your stay in the country, or caused as a result of repatriation or deportation of the same".
- Documents showing financial solvency: letter(s) or bank certificates from your bank certifying the existence of a savings or a checking account under the applicants name. You may also present your vehicle registration if you have one.
- Interview. A guarantor must undergo an interview at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a consular department official.
- These requirements are for foreign nationals from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, Hong Kong, China, India, Pakistan and Colombia, and other countries, as expressly instructed by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Article 5.5 of the Rules and Consular Practices).
- All documents must be legalized by the consular offices of the Dominican Republic, after seeing been certified by the Office of Foreign Affairs of the country where the Consular Office or the country of origin of the document.
- If there is a need for it, all documents must be translated into Spanish by a legal translator duly accredited by the authorities of the country of origin.
- Some consular offices may have a photography service available. It will be advisable for you to inquire first before going to the consular office.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to request any additional documents and to conduct it's interview in a way it deems necessary to evaluate the request.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
Anyone who wishes to do business in the Dominican Republic may apply for a business visa at the consular office.
- Multiple entries: 90.00
- Single Entry: 80.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
A Business Visa is valid for sixty (60) days and may be renewed automatically upon your request within a period of 60 days of operation, without the express authorization of the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs.
If the person needs to travel to the country more frequently may request a business visa with multiple entries valid for one year but he/she may not stay in the country more than two consecutive months.
Documents to Use
- To be filled out by hand (Spanish)
- To be filled out by hand (English)
- To be filled out by hand (Korean)
- To be filled out by hand (French)
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 5 to 15 days, depending on the urgency of the request, the nationality of the applicant, previous applications being processed by the consular office and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A visa is a document stating that a person is authorized to enter or leave the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission granted by the immigration official at the time of actual entry.
The authorization may be a document, but it is commonly in a form of a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport (or passport-replacing document).
Business visas are issued for business, professional or commercial purposes.
Following are procedures on how to apply for a Business Visa in the Dominican Republic.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.