Dominican Republic - Apply for Corrections and Modifications on Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
For cases involving changing "n" into "", you only need to present your birth certificate and the correction is simply applied on the same book without any cost. For other cases other than this, other documents must be submitted and a fee must be paid.
For both cases, you must fill in the application form for Corrections and Modifications on Passport Info
- For correction or modification on an adult passport, the holder may authorize another person (also an adult) to apply for him. For minors, it will be their parents who will submit the application form for them.
- Changing "n" into "":
- Birth certificate
- For Other Cases:
- Birth certificate, for corrections related to the name, date or place of birth or other.
- Marriage certificate , for correction or modification to the married name, date or place of marriage.
- Divorce Act if the application relates to eliminate married name
- Death and marriage certificate , if the application relates deleting married name of spouse.
- Electoral Identity Card and Dominican , for modification or set the number of the card in the passport book.
- Recent photograph sized 4 x 5 inches, colored with white background, without shadow, in the face without earrings, no piercing, no chain, no smile, no gesture, hair backwards, with ears and forehead uncovered, without flequito and taken up close.
- Some consular offices may have a photography service available. It will be advisable for you to inquire first before going to the consular office.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
All Dominican citizens have the right to apply to the consular offices of the Dominican Republic for a new passport, when there's an error on the book, an information is omitted or changes in the data Passport Book.
- Changing "n" into "": Free
- For other cases, Application fee: 60.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
The amount of application fee varies, depending on the cost of living in the city where the Consular Office is located.
Biometric Passports are valid for six (6) years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 3 minutes to 10 working days, depending on the number of previous applications and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued. Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
Following are procedures on how to apply for corrections and modifications on information printed on the passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.