Cuba - Apply for and Register a Marriage Held Abroad
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply to be married abroad, all required documents must submitted to the authorities.
- After the marriage ceremony is held before the authorities of the country , it must be registered at the Consulate for its final recognition in Cuba. To register, spouses must fill in an application form, which will be submitted along with all other required documents and pay all necessary fees.
For single persons:
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Single Status issued by the Mayors Office or formalized before a Notary. The document must not be older than 6 months from the time it was issued.
For divorced persons:
- Birth Certificate
- Final Divorce Sentence
For widows or widowers:
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Spouses Death Certificate
The following documents must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba and by the Embassy of the country in Havana.
Documents needed to register a marriage held outside Cuba:
- Photocopies of the birth certificates of both spouses.
- The entire original marriage certificate, certified and legalized by the competent authorities.
- Completed Application form for the registration of marriage
- Photocopy of the Consular Registration Card of the Cuban citizen.
Note: If the request was sent by mail, an envelope with enough postage to return the documents must be included. Payment must be made by bank cheque.
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Payment of the consular fee, legalization by the Consulate, translation of the entire document and all the transcription and registration procedures may be made in cash or through a certified bank cheque.
- If the application is made by mail or via a third party, an extra consular fee will be charged for the pertinent Consular service.
- All payments must be made in cash or by a bank certified cheque. All cash sent by mail will be refused and returned at the risk of the applicant.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations. Following are procedures on how to apply for and register a marriage held outside Cuba.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Cuban Embassy Consular Services:
More information which might help people.