Wikiprocedure > Cook Islands

Cook Islands - Visa / Entry Permit Extension

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. Complete an application for extension of entry permit, a link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the form.
  2. Submit the completed application form to the Immigration Office together with all the required documents.
  3. Pay the entry permit extension fee.

Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • Completed Application for Extension of an Entry Permit
  • Valid passport

Note: You may be asked to present supporting documents, it will be better if you will give the Immigration Office a call to inquire about additional documents you must present or submit.

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Immigration

PO Box 105
Cook Islands

Phone: +682 29 347
Fax: +682 21 247


Embassies and Consulates Abroad:

Cook Islands Consulate in Sydney, Australia
8/8 Lauderdale Avenue
New South Wales 2094
Phone: (+61) 2 9907 6567
Fax: (+61) 2 9949 6664

Cook Islands Consulate in Monaco, Monaco
Palais Majestic
23, boulevard Albert Ier
98000 Monaco
Phone: (+377)
Fax: (+377)
E-mail: [email protected]

Cook Islands Consulate General in Auckland, New Zealand
1st Floor, 127 Symonds Street
Private Bag 92-640
Auckland 1150
New Zealand
Phone: (+64) 9-366-1100
Fax: (+64) 9-309-1876
Office Hours: 08:30am - 12:30pm , 1:30pm - 4:30pm

Cook Islands Consulate General in Oslo, Norway
Bygdy All 64 A
0265 Oslo 2
Phone: (+47) 22 43 09 10 / (+47) 22 44 67 21
Fax: (+47) 22 44 46 11

Cook Islands Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Yeni Parseller Sok. No.20 K Binasi
Kat:4-5 34805 Kavacik
Phone: (+90) 216 538 80 00-11
Fax: (+90) 216 322 37 10

Cook Islands Consulate in Los Angeles, the United States
31 Lemon Drive
Los Angeles
California 90045
United States
Phone: (+1) (805) 322-3842

Cook Islands High Commission in Wellington, New Zealand
56 Mulgrave Street
New Zealand
Phone: (+64) 4-472-5126
Telefax: (+64) 4-472-5121
E-mail: [email protected]

Ads by Google


A NZ citizen who travelled to the Cook Islands on a NZ passport will be eligible for extension of stay of 90 days.

This provision will not apply to NZ citizens who travelled to the Cook Islands on a non-NZ passport.

NZ Retirees Travelling on NZ Passports

NZ Retirees (i.e. who collect the old age pension or the full NZ superannuation in the Cook Islands) and their partners may, on application, be granted a stay of up to 12 months on a visitors permit.

Extension of stay as a Bona-fide Visitor

Bona-fide visitors may extend their stay beyond 31 days by making an application at MFAI. Extensions of stay may be granted on application on a monthly basis for up to a maximum stay of 6 months.

Holders of Passports with less than 6 months validity

With the exceptions indicated below, holders of passports that are valid for less than six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Cook Islands must seek authority to travel to the Cook Islands from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Immigration in Rarotonga.


This travel restriction does not apply to Cook Islanders and Permanent Residents of the Cook Islands.

From 30 August 2010, New Zealand (NZ) and Australian passport holders may also travel to the Cook Islands without seeking authority from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration provided their passports are valid for at least seven days beyond their intended period of stay in the Cook Islands.

Evidence Required:

For Cook Islanders, the personal details in the passport will usually show the place of birth in the Cook Islands. Descendants of Cook Islanders born outside the Cook Islands are issued, upon application, with a "Cook Islander Status" stamp in their passport. For Permanent Residents, their passports are endorsed with a Permanent Resident stamp.


A fee is payable with each application and an application must be made within 5 working days prior to the expiration of the authorised period of stay. The fee is NZ$50.00 each for persons 15 years and older plus a $20 application fee. While children under 15 years of age are exempt from the fee they must be included in a parents or guardians application.

For those eligible for stay beyond three (3) months, the fee is $100 plus an application fee of $20.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Application for Extension of an Entry Permit (PDF)

Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url "" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M". 

Ads by Google


Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents.
e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.

Required Information[edit]

  • Address in the Cook Islands
  • Original date of arrival in the Cook Islands
  • Date current permit expires
  • Personal details
  • Passport No. , Date of expiry
  • Ticket or Bond held
  • Length of extension requested
  • Reasons for requesting an extension

Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

Here is a procedure on how to apply for visa / entry permit extension.

Information which might help[edit]

Enter other informations which might help

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Cook Islands Foreign Affairs and Immigration Department

Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people.