Cook Islands - Export Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete an application to obtain a Certificate of Export, a link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the form. It can be used for both personal and commercial goods. Where commercial goods are being taken abroad, an export entry is required, unless the goods fall into a category exempt from the requirement of an export entry pursuant to regulation 34 of the Customs Revenue and Border Protection Act Regulations. Note: The form can only be used for goods that have readily identifiable features such as model, serial number, or other distinguishing mark.
- Submit the completed form to the Customs Officer.
- Completed application form
Office Locations & Contacts
Cook Islands Customs
The office is location in Avarua town on the island of Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
The office of the Revenue Management's Division is situated above the Bounty Bookshop.
Revenue Management opening hours are from 8:00am - 4:00pm weekdays.
Phone: (+ 682) 29365
Fax: (+ 682) 29465
Email: [email protected]
Revenue Management Division
PO Box 120
Phone: (+ 682) 31187
Email: [email protected]
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name of the person requesting the certificate
- Number of items
- Description of the goods including make, model and serial numbers
Need for the Document
The purpose of an Export Certificate is to act as a means of identifying goods that accompany a person travelling overseas with the intention that the goods will be re-imported into the Cook Islands by that same person. It is not designed as a means of facilitating the entry of the goods into another country.
The certificate, together with the goods, must be presented to Customs before they are exported. On their return to the Cook Islands, the goods identified by the Certificate of export will be admitted free of duty (under section 141 of the Customs Revenue and Border Protection Act 2012) provided the unaltered certificate is available for presentation to Customs.
Here is a procedure on how to obtain a Certificate of Export.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.