Cambodia - Apply for a new passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Prepare all your required documents for a new passport application. Stated in the required documents below
- Visit a passport office to submit your documents and to fill a passport application form that will be provided at the passport office.
- It may require the help of an agent to assist you through the process.
- Find a passport processing officer and fill the application form and produce all the required documents
- After ascertainment of the documents, your official passport photo will be taken at the office and your thumb and finger prints too.
- You will be provide with a receipt that state the date which your new passport will be available.
Note: In 2014, the Cambodian government introduced the new bio-metric passport, which isnow valid for 10 years. When applying for the Cambodian passport you should note the duration and processing time because their prices vary as shown in the fee section below.
- National Identity Card
- Proof of residency (any one of below): Family Record Book, or Resident Book, or Proof of residency letter.
- Birth certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry Of Foreign Affairs
Address: No 3, Samdech HUN Sen Street
Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkamon
Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia
The cost of the passport is based on validity of the passport and processing time
- For a 10 years valid passport the fees are:
- 15 days $100
- 7 days $150
- 1 day $200
- 15 days $100
- For a 5 years valid passport (only issued to children of age 5 and below) the fees are:
- 15 days $80
- 7 days $120
- 1 day $160.
- 15 days $80
The Cambodian passport is valid for 10 year and 5 years for children of age 5 and below.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time varies from 1 day, 7 days and 15 days depending on the amount of payment you have made.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&>from external websites Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Parents names and occupations
Need for the Document
- The Cambodian passport is issued to citizens of the Cambodia for international travel,(E.g) to study, tour or diplomatic visits abroad you will need a Cambodian passport.
- It can also be used as prove of identity document.
Information which might help
A passport from Cambodia lets you travel to 53 countries/territories without a prior visa.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used for identification
- Used for international travel
- Used as a proof of citizenship
More information which might help people.