Cambodia - Apply for Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Certificate, the Individual or legal person who is the owner of goods must submit a request letter for a Phytosanitary check at the nearest phytosanitary competent agency. The request must be submitted before 10 days prior to exporting goods and must offer convenience for Phytosanitary check. During this period, phytosanitary competent official must complete checking and implementing phytosanitary measures.
- Submit Request Letter for Sanitary and Phytosanitary Certificate and request to have goods checked by officer of Department of Agronomy and Agriculture Land Improvement, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. You will also need to provide: Packing List, Commercial Invoice, Patent License, VAT Certificate, Commercial Registration Certificate and Request Letter.
- The individual or legal person who requested for the phytosanitary check on his/her goods has to pay for phytosanitary check service charge. If the prevention measures are requested, he/she need to pay for service charge of prevention measures. Those serve charges will be paid into National Budget via phytosanitary competent agency. Service charges on phytosanitary check and prevention measures are defined by the joint sub-decree between Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and Minister of Economic and Finance.
- Cambodia Pest Control Services is authorized to offer service of pest control and fumigation by Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Request Letter for Sanitary and Phytosanitary Certificate
- Applicants will need to provide the following:
- Packing List
- Commercial Invoice
- Patent License
- VAT Certificate
- Commercial Registration Certificate and Request Letter
Office Locations & Contacts
General Department of Customs and Excise of Cambodia
N: 6-8, Preah Norodom Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Thmei III, Khan Daun Penh,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel : +855 23214065
Fax : +855 23214065
E-mail : [email protected]
General Department of Agriculture
(Department of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Plants Protection)
Building #54B-49S, corner of St.395 and St.656,
Sangkat Teuk Laak, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh
Tel: (855) 23 885 482
Fax: (855) 23 238 832/ 267
E-mail: [email protected]
Goods subject to are subject to the check:
- Plant, piece of plant, forestry products and processed products
- Plants that can be a shelter and/or allow entry of disease-carrying organisms or disease-causing organisms
- Packing materials such as wooden case, piece of wood or all type of transportation method and warehouse
- Soil or soil attached to roots of plant or piece of plant
- Disease-carrying organisms or disease-causing organisms or live/or dead body
- Non-plant product that can be shelter and/or allow entry of disease-carrying organisms or disease-causing organisms
It is exporters responsibility to ensure that the Sanitary and Phytosanitary conditions are met.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Diagnosing disease takes 1day to 5days
- Fumigation Process takes 3days to 7days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The owners of goods which are subject to be checked under phytosanitary measures must follow the phytosanitary measures as follows:
- Make correct declaration of goods
- Obtain Phytosanitary Certificate
- Pack goods safely and guarantee no crack or pierce or spill out while on the way of transporting
- Keep or transport goods only in the direction permitted by Phytosanitary competent agency. In case of goods need to be keep or transported or loaded at outside of the permitted direction, need to request for another permit from Phytosanitary competent agency.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Sanitary and Phytosanitary Certificate (SPS) are often required by importing countries when exporting fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, live animal and other products. This certificate certifies that the product is free from injurious pests which could damage crops.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The primary requirement for importing agricultural products is the food safety and protection of human, animal or plant life or health from risks.
To ensure food safety and to prevent entry, establishment or spread of pests, diseases, disease-carrying organisms or disease-causing organisms, through trade activities, the governments of all countries had established laws, regulations and standards to protect human or animal life or health (Sanitary Measure) and to protect plant life or health (Phytosanitary Measure).
The owners of goods which are subject to be checked under phytosanitary measures, who import to/export from and transport within Cambodia will request the phytosanitary check and follow the phytosanitary measures.
More information which might help people.