Cambodia - Apply for Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Ministry of Public Works and Transport office.
- Fill out an application form.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents.
- Pay the fees.
- Certificate of the Current Address
- 3 photos in the passport size
- valid proof of identity
- medical certificate (if a driver is over 65 years old)
Office Locations & Contacts
The Department of Public Works and Transport
106 Preah Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh
Tel : 023 427 845: 023 427 862
The age of drivers must be determined in accordance with the types of the driving license as follows:
- At least 16 years old for type A1.
- At least 18 years old for type A2 and B.
- At least 22 years old for type C and D1.
- At least 24 years old for type D2 and E.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- Type A and B driver's license is valid until the holders reach the age of 65, but must conduct the medical check-up and extend the driving license every 5 years.
- Type C, D and E driver's license is valid for three years. The license holder shall extend the validity every three years after checking up their health to prove that they can drive.
- Drivers who use all types of driving licenses as whose age are 65 years up, shall have their health check up every two years, and extend their driving license validity every two years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- All types of driving licenses will be issued by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport. Ministry of Interior or Ministry of National Defense will issue the driving license for the drivers of special vehicles serving in the specific areas of skill such as tanks, armored vehicles, military equipped vehicles, racing vehicles, tricycles, convoy motorcycles which are the state properties.
- There are 5 types of driving license for the road vehicles of the Kingdom of Cambodia as follows:
- Type A: For motorcycle and tricycles
- A1 - For the motorcycle with the cylindrical size from 49 to 125 cm3
- A2 - For the motorcycle with the cylindrical size over 125 cm3.
- The vehicles with trailers and tricycles.
- Type B:
- For the vehicles transporting the passengers not over 9 passengers including the driver.
- The goods loading vehicles with total weight in maximum not over 3.5 tons.
- The vehicle in type B can tow the trailers with total weight not over 0.75 tons.
- Type C: For the goods loading vehicles with total weight in maximum over 3.5 tons and might probably have trailers with the total weight in maximum not over 0.75 tons.
- Type D: Passenger Vehicles:
- D1 - For the vehicles loading passengers from 10 to 20 passengers including the driver and might have the trailers with the total weight in maximum not more than 0.75 tons.
- D2 - For the vehicles loading more than 20 passengers including the driver and might have the trailer with the total weight in maximum not more than 0.75 tons.
- Type E: For the vehicles in Type B, C and D with trailers in total weight more than 0.75 tons must divide into 3 types- Type E (B), Type E (C) and Type E (D).
- Type A: For motorcycle and tricycles
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.