Austria - Obtain a Copy of Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The request to get a copy of the birth certificate or the international birth certificate must be submitted to the competent body.
- Application may be submitted in person, in writing or electronically (with citizen card done). The application form can be obtained from the competent authority or downloaded online.
- Submit other required documents and pay all necessary fees.
- The certificate must be collected in person and this usually happens immediately after application.
- Official photo identification
- Any document that will substantiate legal interest
Office Locations & Contacts
To search for a registry office: https://www.help.gv.at/linkaufloesung/applikation-flow?leistung=LA-HP-RL-StandesamtGeburtsort&flow=LO&quelle=HELP
To search for Registry Offices in Municipalities: https://www.help.gv.at/linkaufloesung/applikation-flow?leistung=LA-HP-RL-StandesamtGeburtsort&flow=LO&quelle=HELP
Vienna Registry Offices
20, Dresdner Straße 93
Phone: +43 1 4000-35089
Fax: +43 1 4000-99-35070
E-mail : [email protected]
Persons allowed to request for a copy of the birth certificate:
- Persons to whom the record relates, and any other persons whose civil status is affected by the entry
- People who make a legal interest in the acceptance, unless there is an overriding legitimate interest of the persons referred to by the registration precludes
- Authorities and public bodies in the execution of the laws
- Spoken Request: free of charge
- In Writing: 14.30 EUR federal fee
Issuance of Birth Certificate: 9.30 EUR (7.20 EUR 2.10 EUR German Federal Administrative fee plus tax)
- Beginning January 1, 2008 applications for and issuance of birth certificate/international birth certificate that are caused directly by the birth of a child, unless it is issued within two years from the birth of the child, are free of charge (does not apply for requesting duplicate copy due to loss or theft ). For more information please inquire at the registry office.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The certificate must be collected in person and usually immediately after application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
For children born before 1.1.1939
The parish church of your birthplace
For children born after 1.1.1939
The civil status office for the place of birth ( eg location of the hospital) has jurisdiction:
- The registry office or the registrar's office association of community
- In statutory cities : the Registry Office of the Municipality:
- In Vienna: the registry office in Vienna
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate states the name and sex of a person, it also indicate the time of and place of birth, it is issued after you have registered the birth of a child and may be obtained from the registry office.
You need a birth certificate as evidence of personal data, and often used as documentary requirement.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Personal Status Law
- Persons Status Ordinance
- Austrian Government Portal
More information which might help people.