Austria - Make Modifications on Passport Information
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- All request for modifications on passport information must be applied for personally.
- If you are applying for modification through the municipal offices you must fill up the "passport - change / addition - Application form. If your going straight to the passport office you won't need any form.
- Provide all the changes that should be made to your passport and pay the application fee.
- Proof of the change or addition
In some cases, the passport authority may require other documents to be presented that would help in confirming the data submitted (e.g. in writing)
Office Locations & Contacts
To locate Statutory Offices: https://www.help.gv.at/Portal.Node/hlpd/public/content/99/Seite.991304.html
A-8700 Leoben, Erzherzog Johann-Strae 2
Tel: +43 (0)3842/4062-450 bis 454
Fax: +43 (0)3842/4062-455
Mo Do: 08:00 Uhr-16:00 Uhr
Fr: 08:00 Uhr-12:30 Uhr
Municipality of Schwechat
Town Hall Square 9, Ground Floor
Tel: 01 70108221 ext 319 or ext
Fax: 01 70108394 DW
Vienna City Administration, Rathaus, A-1082 Wien
Municipal District Offices: http://www.wien.gv.at/english/politics/translation/district.htm
The passport can be modified due to the following:
- Registration of an academic degree
- Registration of implants (proof by presenting as a medical certificate)
- Registration of the professional title Engineer / Engineer
- Special registration plates ( eg visible scarring, physical impairments, tattoos)
- Entry of a notation: name with a sharp "s" () or with an umlaut (, and the like)
Flat rate of 28.50
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Download the Passport Change/Addition Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If the application is submitted to the passport authority, the change is made immediately. If the request is made by a community, you have to expect a little bit delay.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The passport authority:
- The district administration - In Leoben and Schwechat : the community
- In statutory cities : the City Council - In Vienna: the municipal district offices
All application for amendment or supplement of the passport are done domestically - regardless of residence.
The following passport offices offer you the opportunity to schedule online an appointment for your passport application:
- District of St. Johann im Pongau
- Magistrate Graz
- Municipal District Offices Vienna
- City of Linz
- Magistrate catfish
- Modifications will be in the form of a sticker.
- Beginning 15th of June, 2012, all Kindermiteintragungen are invalid . A template removal from the passport of the parents is therefore no longer required.
- A name change cannot be done by simply mofifying informations on your passport, you will need to submit an application for the issuance of a new passport. The reissuance is necessary because the name on your passport should match your legal name, and the name written on your other identitification documents, which is important specially when you are crossing borders.
- Make sure to make inquiry about making modifications on your passport information with the passport authorities if you are planning to get married and going abroad shortly after.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document issued by the government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder, to be used for travel abroad. It contains informations about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued. Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
If there are any changes on information written on your passport, have it modified as soon as possible.
Information which might help
Follow the link below if you would like to receive email notification about renewing your passport or making some modifications on your passport imformation.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Passport Act
- Pass Regulation
- Passport Act Implementing Regulation
- Austrian Government Portal
More information which might help people.