Austria - Apply for Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Visit the nearest authority to you. For the list of where you can go, please see the 'Office Locations and Contacts' in this page.
- The application for a passport must personally be introduced.
- The authority shall pass from the passport not directly, it is within approximately five working days by post to the address given ( eg sent home, work place, passport agency.
- When application on the town is to be expected with a longer waiting time.
Detecting the fingerprint
- As part of the passport application are in people aged 12 Birthday using electronic fingerprint scanners, fingerprint captured. The scanner makes up images of two fingers (usually the index finger), then on a chip are stored in the passport.
- A passport with chip can on the outer cover with the word "the little gold icon PASSPORT be recognized. " This is the so-called ICAO symbol of the International Civil Aviation Association ( ICAO ). On each world issued passport with chip this symbol is shown.
Prepare to submit an original birth certificate and a marriage certificate if applicable.
Provide proof of your Austrian nationality by presenting the Staatsbuergerschaftsnachweis document.
Submit one of the following documents as another form of ID: permanent resident card, certificate of residence.
Return your completed application, proof of citizenship and applicable fees to the Austrian Consular or mail your documents to the address on the application form.
The following original documents are required:
- Application form completed
- Birth Certificate (British certificates with Apostille, documents from other countries see here)
- Proof of Austrian Citizenship
- Affidavit completed and signed
- 1 passport photograph according to the following EU-criterias for Passport-photographs
- Marriage Certificate and/or Divorce Decree (British certificates with Apostille, documents from other countries see here) if applicable
- Proof of academic degree if applicable and desired
Office Locations & Contacts
- The district administration
- In Leoben and Schwechat : the community
- In statutory cities : the City Council
- In Vienna: the municipal district offices
The application for a passport may domestically - regardless of residence - are made ??for each passport authority.
The following passport offices offer the possibility of an online pre-booking appointment for the passport application:
- District of St. Johann im Pongau
- Magistrate Graz
- Municipal District Offices Vienna
- City of Linz
- Magistrate catfish
Please follow the link for more information
Prerequisite for the issuance of an Austrian passport is an Austrian citizen.
Fee of GBP 64.60
All valid Austrian passports will stay valid until their expiration date and don't need to be exchanged. Austrian passports are valid for ten (10) years and cannot be renewed.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Austrian passports are issued to citizens of Austria to facilitate international travel.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.