Austria - Apply for Minor Under 18 Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Visit the nearest authority to you. For the list of where you can go, please see the 'Office Locations and Contacts' in this page.
A passport for minors under age may only requested by the person to which the legal representation has (custody) for the child.
- For illegitimate children both parents are entitled to represent, as long as the marriage is maintained.
- For children out of wedlock is entitled to represent basically the mother. If the power of attorney (in case of joint custody) applies to the father, it must do so by using a power law confirming evidence provided custody decision.
- For children from a divorced marriage that person is authorized to represent to which the custody was transferred. The guardianship authority must be proved (see documentation required ).
- For foster children, the foster parents are entitled to represent them if the entire custody was transferred.
- Parents of minor children are usually represented by the youth welfare office.
The signature on the application form in the scan field (located top right of the form) is the child himself or by others (Companion or paid staff member / employee of the passport authority in block letters).
- Official identification of the applicant / the applicant (usually mother / father)
- Birth certificate of the child (may be required)
- Proof of citizenship of the child
- A passport picture of the child (Portrait 35 x 45 mm ) not older than six months after certain criteria passport photo (in color)
- Proof of the power of representation:
- Marriage certificate of the parents in the upright or marriage
- Custody decision with legal force confirmation or
- Proof of pflegschaftsgerichtlich approved agreement with legal force confirmation or
- Comparison of the joint custody with legal force confirmation or
- Custody decision by a foreign authority, including certified translation or
- Written authorization for the application and written consent of the parent with custody (possibly in conjunction with a proof of custody) to issue a travel document if the application of a / a third party is introduced. Warning: The child's identity is demonstrated in this case by an official photo identification.
- Written consent of the parent with custody to issue a travel document (possibly in conjunction with a proof of custody), if the application of the / the mature minor is placed themselves. Warning: The child's identity is demonstrated in this case by an official photo identification.
In individual cases, the passport authority other documents are required - especially if it has doubts about the correctness of the data ( eg, spelling) or the application is not submitted by the legal representative / legal guardian ( eg official photo identification of the applicant designated parent for signature comparison on presentation of a power of attorney and consent).
Office Locations & Contacts
- The district administration
- In Leoben and Schwechat : the community
- In statutory cities : the City Council
- In Vienna: the municipal district offices
The application for a passport may domestically - regardless of residence - are made ??for each passport authority.
The following passport offices offer the possibility of an online pre-booking appointment for the passport application:
- District of St. Johann im Pongau
- Magistrate Graz
- Municipal District Offices Vienna
- City of Linz
- Magistrate catfish
Please follow the link for more information
- Prerequisite for the issuance of an Austrian passport is an Austrian citizen.
- In children and under-age minors (under the age of 14 years), the request shall include the legal representative / legal representative ( eg married biological parents, unwed mother, other people, if transmitted by the court) position.
- The mature minors (from the age of 14 to 18 years of age) may submit an application for a passport even if the consent of the legal guardian / legal representative is demonstrated.
- To or on 2 Date of Birth:
- Normal delivery at original issue: toll-free
- Normal delivery with issuance of a further passport, for example because of change of name: 30
- Express Delivery: 45
- One-day Express Pass: 165 EUR
- After the 2nd Date of Birth:
- Normal service: 30 Euros
- Express Delivery: 45
- One-day Express Pass: 165 EUR
- From the 12th Date of Birth:
- Normal delivery: 75.90 EUR
- Express delivery: 100 EUR
- One-day Express Pass: 220 EUR
Validity of passports for minors under 18 years
- Until two years: two years
- From the 2nd Birthday: five years
- From the 12th Birthday: ten years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Delivery of passport
Normal delivery: The passport from the passport authority shall not directly, it is within approximately five working days with a RSb -mail to the specified address ( eg home, work place, passport authority) delivered.
Express Pass: On request also is an express passport issued, which is treated preferentially, both in production and in the delivery.
One-day Express Pass: Since 15 March 2010 may also include a one-day Express Pass be applied, which will be delivered next business day with a private courier service.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Personal application - establishing identity
When applying the child (from birth a baby, so) for identification must be present. The power of representation of the applicant / the applicant must be verified.
Passport with chip / fingerprint
Since the 15th June 2009 - including children - only passports with chip issued. On the chip , the personal data and the photograph will be stored; From the 12th Birthday are recorded and fingerprints on the chip stored.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Since the 15th June 2012 requires each child traveling abroad for a separate passport or - if it is allowed according to the entry requirements of the host country -., an identity card was entered in the passport of a parent is no longer valid since that time.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.